Summer Wine Book: Contributions Wanted!

Wintertea

Hello everyone. It is time for me to revise and update my book Last of the Summer Wine: An Appreciation. And I would like to feature some thoughts from fellow fans and followers of the series. So, it would be fantastic if any of you could spare the time to answer the following:
"What makes Last of the Summer Wine so special to you? And what do you miss most about it?"
The more replies, the better! Feel free to write as much as you want.
Ideally, I would like to use your comments in the book along with your name.
Best wishes to you all.
MILES EATON

Who can't enjoy this quaint old fashioned series with its family fun. Sometimes certain characters irritate, make you laugh and on the odd occasion make you cry too. I certainly really miss seeing Compo and his antics!! But these series to you back to a different age.

Good morning Winteria,
To me,Summerwine is so many things....it is visual Prozac...it sooths and calms.
You "become" a part of it...reality and "summerwine land" merge into one.
I watch it EVERY NIGHT in bed !!!....it enables me to drift off....with the stresses of the day [I am a dock worker !!!] forgotton about.
It has morals,kindness,humilty and sadness....it gives each individual a special ,unique "feeling" that only that person can explain.
It brings "summerwine family members" together...from all corners of the globe [just look at our amazing site !!!!!!].
I cannot imagine my life without it......I feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to share my thoughts and listen to like minded peoples thoughts on our...yes our programme.
It incaptulates everything that is good in society...and harks back to a time when good manners,gentle clean and honest humour,and true friendship was the norm.
It is everything to me.
Keith.
x!

By the way, I am happy to use contributions without names. Two brilliant responses so far... would love some more!

It's a magical spot in Yorkshire with what feels like family, sadly no longer there though we can still revisit anytime we feel like we need cheering up.

For me, it feels like home, it feels having a 2nd family, and the family inviting you to see what they do in their lives. It feels like a place where we all want to be, a place that we all can laugh and have a great time. Also a place where we escape the problems of life, and a place were we can relax with beautiful scenery over and over again. It's a family that's always there for us in our darkest hour. It brings us so much tranquility and peace.
It's magical, its calm, its fun, everything about it is captivating.

Thank you Kall. That's an interesting observation... "a place where we escape the problems of life..." I agree. I find myself hankering over the life - the world - as enjoyed by the LOTSW characters. I'd love to be there with them, living life insulated from the cruel, outside world.

Good morning Winteria,
To me,Summerwine is so many things....it is visual Prozac...it sooths and calms.
You "become" a part of it...reality and "summerwine land" merge into one.
I watch it EVERY NIGHT in bed !!!....it enables me to drift off....with the stresses of the day [I am a dock worker !!!] forgotton about.
It has morals,kindness,humilty and sadness....it gives each individual a special ,unique "feeling" that only that person can explain.
It brings "summerwine family members" together...from all corners of the globe [just look at our amazing site !!!!!!].
I cannot imagine my life without it......I feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to share my thoughts and listen to like minded peoples thoughts on our...yes our programme.
It incaptulates everything that is good in society...and harks back to a time when good manners,gentle clean and honest humour,and true friendship was the norm.
It is everything to me.
Keith.
x!
Hi MoodyBlue, two words from your letter really hit the nail on the head, 'Visual Prozac'. A perfect description of Summer Wine.

For me, it's the fact that our trio are unattached. They don't have anyone to rule over thier lives and tell them what to do. (Wives, parents etc.) They are free to run thier own lives the way they want to with no rules or restrictions. I'd love to be able to do that.

Back