Summer Wine Booze Question

It takes a composite actor/actress to make drinking non-alcoholic drinks or indeed cold tea often used to replace ale look a pleasant experience :)
I'm from Mississippi (Gulf Coast). During the recent stretch where our heat index was peaking daily around 120 F (rough conversion, 50 C) only full blasting AC was a more pleasant experience than my iced tea (it's ubiquitous here :)). I don't do the traditional southern iced tea, which is about half sugar lol, I make it a tad stronger than most and use just enough (non-calorie) sweetener (half packet for 16 oz glass) to tame any bitter and a squeeze of lemon. Hydrating and better for me than my caffeine addiction of choice, cola.

I'm in a tea disruption at the moment, Lipton discontinued their loose leaf that's been a staple of my life for 6 decades and my local store only sells dustbags for iced tea. I had read a Ceylon is similar but the one I ordered from Amazon tasted like it was steeped with hay. Further reading suggested I was looking for a blend and a specific recommendation during discussion in the Reddit tea forum to others lamenting the loss of Lipton loose leaf was Yorkshire Gold which I am nearing the end of a bag. It wasn't doing it for me at first, I was perplexed that discussion had called Lipton loose leaf flavorless compared to it but it turns out that the Yorkshire Gold actually needed a bit more for me to get a similar flavor (I normally use 20 grams of tea steeped in a quart glass measuring cup to make concentrate, strain into an identical cup, split the tea between the 2 and dilute both to full cups, the Yorkshire Gold is better if I use 24 grams). It will be an OK standby. Some Tetley loose leaf has popped up on Amazon since, it will probably be closer to what I am looking for and I'm ordering this week. It's a good price but a 3rd party seller so future availability is uncertain.:confused:

Standard Yorkshire tea for me, I find the Gold version a little strong. Bought in bulk catering quantities.
Is Yorkshire tea loose leaf, broken leaf, fanning, or dust? https://fullleafteacompany.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-loose-leaf-tea . I've become such a tea snob that anything except loose leaf just tastes awful. I bought a couple of different brands described as "leaf tea", but when I opened the package I found that the leaves were crushed into such small pieces that they should have been described as "fanning".

Standard Yorkshire tea for me, I find the Gold version a little strong. Bought in bulk catering quantities.
I love the Standard Yorkshire Tea as well. Drink it every time I watch a British programme. I recently bought a five pack so one cup a day gives me a years supply.

Is Yorkshire tea loose leaf, broken leaf, fanning, or dust? https://fullleafteacompany.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-loose-leaf-tea . I've become such a tea snob that anything except loose leaf just tastes awful. I bought a couple of different brands described as "leaf tea", but when I opened the package I found that the leaves were crushed into such small pieces that they should have been described as "fanning".
No such thing as a tea snob Marianna, it's called discerning!!!!

Back