Summer Wine Decanted

Just watched the end of "That certain Smile" and the final shot shows Compo , Clegg , Seymour and Clem's waggy walking along the road when the bus shows up . I assume there was a building nearby to allow them to film the aerial shot or they used a Cherrypicker . Modern day they would have had access to Drones , I assume the last Series came too early for drones ? Do we think modern filming techniques and particularly Drones ,which are now in common use for filming all sorts of genres , would have added more to the series and offer different perspectives on our great show.

I considered using drone shots in Summer Wine Decanted - however, I wanted to maintain the look and feel of the show, and they didn't use drones. A drone would have helped on a few occasions to substitute for a camera on a high position, or put a camera somewhere that is now inaccessible, but that would need an operator on location with us, whereas the "B-Roll" shots of landscape could be done easily and cheaply with out us even being there with the operator.

I am not totally sure but I think Terry operates a drone and If I am correct and you decide to have any future specials it could be something you could discuss , apologies in advance for my rather presumptuous suggestion :)
I did have a drone, then they added complex laws in their use, plus Holmfirth is very much in the flight path of Manchester airport, to to fly a drone in the area gets complex even if licenced

Back