Summer Wine Pub Crawl

£5 for a bowl of soup? I suppose it's 3 quid for a piece of bread to go with it too?
Forget that.

£5 for a bowl of soup? I suppose it's 3 quid for a piece of bread to go with it too?
Forget that.

Warm bread is £3.95,, Soup£5, their 'special' mixed grill £28, £7 for a pudding (or 3 pieces of cheese), oh and if you want veg it's a mere bagatelle at £3 a helping.

So if Terry, yourself and I meet up then we can make complete pigs of ourselves at the bargain price of around £50 each, not forgetting the drinks which in my case will probably be a large brandy when I get the bill ;D

We will then all be dragged off screaming by the men in white coats.

Oh and we don't want any old cheap plonk so we might as well go for their burgundy at £60 a bottle, that's 1 each by the way :D :D :D :D :D

Silly me, I missed the champers at £160 a bottle.

Forget that.

Warm bread is £3.95,, Soup£5, their 'special' mixed grill £28, £7 for a pudding (or 3 pieces of cheese), oh and if you want veg it's a mere bagatelle at £3 a helping.

So if Terry, yourself and I meet up then we can make complete pigs of ourselves at the bargain price of around £50 each, not forgetting the drinks which in my case will probably be a large brandy when I get the bill ;D

We will then all be dragged off screaming by the men in white coats.

Oh and we don't want any old cheap plonk so we might as well go for their burgundy at £60 a bottle, that's 1 each by the way :D :D :D :D :D

Dear oh dear, no wonder Pubs are closing down if those are the prices. I bet there's a big sign outside that says 'featured in LOTSW' and people go in just to say they've been and they charge accordingly.
I can feed and drink myself for a fortnight for the price of a meal in there. No wonder I never go out, I knew there was a reason!

There is one close by to me and they have won a national award for 3 years running.

It is a nice place. but the prices are just as big a rip-off as the Butchers, also I worked there in the past as Bar/Cellar man and I ended up ringing the brewery to complain about the state of the kitchens. the pub was closed by the H & S and re-opened 6 months later.

Their veg was advertised as fresh - yes, it was, fresh out of a large catering tin :eek:

The White horse is also pricey these days. I did notice in one episode when Truly and Tom where sat by the menu board it was £9 for a beef stew filled giant Yorkshire pudding.

Yeah, I am really sorry bout that. We go to the Butcher's
Arms when over just to have a brew and see some old
local friends. Never even looked at a menu.

Get your thinking cap on nearer the time Stew, and find us a couple of watering holes we can have a pint and a plate of chips in. It would be nice to have a wander round some of the locations and then have a sit outside if it's a nice day and have a drink. Even the Elephant would do for one of them.
Have they still got the picture of Istabraq on the wall in there?

Get your thinking cap on nearer the time Stew, and find us a couple of watering holes we can have a pint and a plate of chips in. It would be nice to have a wander round some of the locations and then have a sit outside if it's a nice day and have a drink. Even the Elephant would do for one of them.
Have they still got the picture of Istabraq on the wall in there?

I have not been in the Elephant for a long time now. The Postage stamp in the town centre used to keep a good pint.
I will have a think and if I get stuck will make a couple of phone calls for advise.

Do you mean The Postcard up on the Huddersfield road
just near the fire station?? It has seen much better days.

For beer, you are better off at The Nook or The Old
Bridge hotel. Food is also good at The Bridge.

Some of the other in-town pubs can be less than friendly
to "foreigners."

Do you mean The Postcard up on the Huddersfield road
just near the fire station?? It has seen much better days.

For beer, you are better off at The Nook or The Old
Bridge hotel. Food is also good at The Bridge.

Some of the other in-town pubs can be less than friendly
to "foreigners."

And by foreigners this can mean anyone who lives out side Huddersfield or its surrounding area LOL.

There is also The Swan at Meltham, which was used in The bandit from stoke-on-trent, this is still alive and kicking last time I drove past (Today)

Around here (the soft south) pubs are also closing rapidly ,but a couple have been bought by the locals and revived but they are few in number.The latest on shut down overnight and the ones left seem to charge a lot for food and drink ,so I dont bother going in them,always liked the look of the White Horse very freindly and nice interior.Is the large pub alongside a main road ,big car park cream walls still in business?

Back