Summerwine shop up for lease

I want Jean Fergusson's bicycle, the original blue Phoenix with the missing lower rear chaincase cover piece. The bike was given to her when it was retired from the show. It was autographed by some of the LOTSW Actors at the presentation. She kept it at her place in Yorkshire, but when she moved to London she had to let it go to auction due to space constraints. Alas.

I want Jean Fergusson's bicycle, the original blue Phoenix with the missing lower rear chaincase cover piece. The bike was given to her when it was retired from the show. It was autographed by some of the LOTSW Actors at the presentation. She kept it at her place in Yorkshire, but when she moved to London she had to let it go to auction due to space constraints. Alas.
Terry and I met the chap who bought bother her and Howards bikes, he's based in Northern Ireland. I've asked him to send some photos but he's never got around to it. But he is definitely a true fan

Jean emailed me saying it was going to be auctioned and oddly enough it was at an auctioneers in Lincoln about 7 miles from me, I recall advertising the auction on the forum

Terry and I met the chap who bought bother her and Howards bikes, he's based in Northern Ireland. I've asked him to send some photos but he's never got around to it. But he is definitely a true fan
EXCELLENT! I am glad that the bikes went to a fan and not just a commercially motivated flipper. I read the story about Marina's bike in Andrew Vine's book, as I recall. I also found the story somewhere on the internet. Marina's Phoenix was replaced with two Chraleigh bikes. The later silver one appears to have an aluminum frame, which would have made a lighter ride for Marina as her life moved forward. Having had a Raleigh Tourist Deluxe myself, I can attest that the Phoenix would probably have weighed double as much as the aluminum Chraleigh. The full chaincase on the Phoenix was of steel construction which weighs quite a bit in itself. I remember watching Howard struggle to push it up a hill in 'Downhill Racer' as he was trying to escape discovery with Marina. The Chraleighs would not have held the appeal for me. I still wonder who rode Marina's bike more, Jean Fergusson or Chrissy Monk.

I think Howard had three bikes also, the last being a Giant. I wasn't able to read the makes of the other two, nor do I remember reading anything noteworthy about any of them.

Back