Summerwine Tour Bus

Half a dozen bottles of that you to can have teeth like that when you take a tumble , smash your face on the cobbles and lose half your gnashers.

One thing I did notice this time is there is scaffolding up all over the The White Horse, I did ask the landlady and was told that there is going to be extensive work to the signage and the roof and front of the pub.

Also their fish & chip Friday offer of fish, chips & peas tasted amazing and is a bargain at £20 for 2!!!

On My last visit to Holmfirth in August, I asked at Sid's cafe about the bus tour, they said the guy is getting older and he doesn't do it every day. The next day I saw the bus in the stop by the cafe, so hoped on, not knowing when it would be back.

On My last visit to Holmfirth in August, I asked at Sid's cafe about the bus tour, they said the guy is getting older and he doesn't do it every day. The next day I saw the bus in the stop by the cafe, so hoped on, not knowing when it would be back.
Not sure how old the chap is, but I'd say he appeared nearer 80 than 70, so I feel the bus may not be running for much longer. Therefore I was overjoyed to have the opportunity to take the tour, I'd encourage any fan this is a must do when in Holmfirth if it's running.

Not sure how old the chap is, but I'd say he appeared nearer 80 than 70, so I feel the bus may not be running for much longer. Therefore I was overjoyed to have the opportunity to take the tour, I'd encourage any fan this is a must do when in Holmfirth if it's running.
You and I Barry should buy a bus and do the tours when he packs it in

You and I Barry should buy a bus and do the tours when he packs it in
Did actually think it would be a dream job for someone, driving around the beautiful Yorkshire countryside taking about the show at a tenner a passenger! There was 8 of us during our trip and I'd say there was as many on the hour before, so not a bad little earner for someone to take over....

Agree, cracking job for a fan of the show. I think you'd need a psv licence though. I hope someone does continue doing bus tours after Colin retires.

Thank you as ever Terry, I'll give him them a call when I'm there. Can you lend me 10p as I'll be calling them from the phonebox?
I need to correct you Barry. It's "can you lend me 10p mate". The mate is the keyword here. I remember hearing this so much in the late 70s and early 80s in Manchester and outside of punk gigs i went to. It wasn't exactly a penny but it wasn't a quid either. I always always said no because once I said yes and had a queue of punks asking "can you lend me 10p mate" :37:

Agree, cracking job for a fan of the show. I think you'd need a psv licence though. I hope someone does continue doing bus tours after Colin retires.
For those old enough like myself to have passed their tests prior to 1997 you have an entitlement to drive a minibus which can carry up to 16 passengers. Sadly I can't imagine there would be any more takers than that if you were running hourly trips.

I do genuinely think there's a business opportunity for the right person, but my suggestion (if they're reading this thread!!!) would be to broaden the subject and maybe alter the route a little. Whilst we're all LOTSW bonkers, there are sadly fewer each year that are, but maybe include more locations from Where The Heart Is & Happy Valley both of which are more recent but in the locale and would potentially attract a broader audience.

So Dragons, are you in or out ?? :p :p :p

For those old enough like myself to have passed their tests prior to 1997 you have an entitlement to drive a minibus which can carry up to 16 passengers. Sadly I can't imagine there would be any more takers than that if you were running hourly trips.

I do genuinely think there's a business opportunity for the right person, but my suggestion (if they're reading this thread!!!) would be to broaden the subject and maybe alter the route a little. Whilst we're all LOTSW bonkers, there are sadly fewer each year that are, but maybe include more locations from Where The Heart Is & Happy Valley both of which are more recent but in the locale and would potentially attract a broader audience.

So Dragons, are you in or out ?? :p :p :p
Keep in mind the cost of replacement parts, probably custom-made, for a vehicle that old.

After riding on the bus, I can confirm it's a replica of a much older vehicle. Although it's probably 25 years or so old, it's not pre-war the design would have you believe!

you have an entitlement to drive a minibus

On;y driven one on the occasion of a wedding which took place down sarf! I was taking relations down to it so to get them used to the way they'd be talking . as we left I told them all that I'd invested in a short audio language course to teach them the essentials at which point I stuck a tape of Chas and Dave's greatest hits starting with Rabbit naturally :)

On;y driven one on the occasion of a wedding which took place down sarf! I was taking relations down to it so to get them used to the way they'd be talking . as we left I told them all that I'd invested in a short audio language course to teach them the essentials at which point I stuck a tape of Chas and Dave's greatest hits starting with Rabbit naturally :)
Now that's funny :29: :29::29:

Back