Sumnerwine Sat Nav.

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
If you could choose a Summer Wine character for your Sat Nav voice. Who would you choose and why .Eli might be a bit dangerous

Tom. First time I heard him speak I was trying to place if he voiced an animated character or audio story (turned out no but...). He would do a clear and succinct job with turn-by-turn.

As an upgrade I would have Onslow for those instances when I overshot or made a wrong turn. You can probably guess what he would say.

Not Mrs Avery with her left-right difficulties! Nora would keep you on the straight and Narrow and Clegg would direct you to entirely wrong county!

Bert Scrooby, but his character in KUA when Hyacinth asked for directions to the country house. You'd never make any sense of the directions or get anywhere but you'd have a right laugh listening to him!

Bert Scrooby, but his character in KUA when Hyacinth asked for directions to the country house. You'd never make any sense of the directions or get anywhere but you'd have a right laugh listening to him!
Apologies, I stand corrected it was actually 'the lad' not Scrooby who was the yokel in Keeping Up Appearances....

1710788448184.png

Lilly Bless Her: as Compo would say "tha doesn't directions with this one!"
Foggy would be too busy writing his signs to read any.
Smiler would go into a despondent moan halfway through.

The double act of Howard and Marina you'd certainly have a service which would deliver improvised short cuts given Howard's penchant for escaping from and avoiding Pearl.

A few more...Seymour would give you a full educational description lasting so long he'd miss the next turning, Wesley would be listening to music and not notice where you need to turn and Wally would give you a Pigeon's eye view...

The Cooper & Walsh SatNav would be interesting, "Do you really want to navigate all the way there, contend with dangerous traffic, lots of turns, why not just pull off over here and have a nap instead..."

Back