SW Folks in Other Shows

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Recently we saw Norman Wisdom in The last Detective
(Lofty) and Christopher Beeny in The Sweeney. Neat
seeing familiar faces in unfamiliar places.

My dad rang me late the other night to tell me that "Cleggy is in Morse" Why I needed to know that at 11pm I don't know but they are fun when you suddenly see one of the SW cast in something unexpected.

I don't know, I can't find it either, I'll ask him in the morning. There's a good chance the silly old bugger has it wrong and woke me for nothing !

Speaking of SW Folks in other shows....

Just watched Cafe' on PBS. I think it started in 2011 and there are quite a few SW stars in it. Ms. Probert, and Alvin. I have watched it about 10 times, and really not into it, but I am trying. Anyone on the other side of the pond watch it?

I have caught it occasionally. I keep on waiting for "Alvin" to say something witty. So far his role is to be a foggy old duffer. It's a cute show with interesting characters.

It's interesting that the show is set in Michelle Terry's hometown and she is the show's co-writer and also does the character of "Sarah."

Seem to Remember Peter Sallis in an Episode of the New Statesman playing Sidney Bliss

Yes, two episodes of 'The New Statesman' back in 1987. Cannot identify anything remotely akin to Morse unless one gets confused with an episode of Kingdom or an episode of Rumpole.

Yes, two episodes of 'The New Statesman' back in 1987. Cannot identify anything remotely akin to Morse unless one gets confused with an episode of Kingdom or an episode of Rumpole.

It turns out the silly old duffer was wrong!! Wake me up to tell me that too!! He still swears blind it was him but its not its the Service Of The Dead episode, he said he plays a vicar.

I've told him he's wrong and I've told him I going to start watering down his port. He's still arguing with me, stubborn old whats it!

Last edited:
Just had a look, and have to admit the vicar in the Morse episode does look very similar to Peter Sallis.

Not many people do look like Sallis, but I can understand your father for mistaking him.

I think that's John Normington.

Just had a look, and have to admit the vicar in the Morse episode does look very similar to Peter Sallis.

Not many people do look like Sallis, but I can understand your father for mistaking him.

I think that's John Normington.

My dad's a barmpot but thank you :)

Cannot see where there is any cheekiness in my saying there is a likeness between Peter Sallis and John Normington.

Back