Swarb

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
Probably a short life thread as I don't how many folkies there are on the forum but I could not let the passing of perhaps Britain's greatest ever Fiddler Dave " Swarb" Swarbrick stalwart of Fairport Convention and the UK folk scene as a whole go unrecorded .

He lost his life today aged 75 having survived a double lung transplant in 2004 to make a majestic return to the stage . He played with some of the greatest folk artists in his time people like Martin Carthy, Bert Jansch but he will always be remembered as a member of perhaps the greatest incarnations of all Fairport Convention line-ups . Thanks for the music Man! :thumbsup:

Dick imagine he would know Tony , Swarb was responsible for a great version of my theme tune for the TV series known as the Trumpet Hornpipe, surprisingly playing the Mandolin but that just showed his diversity in terms of instruments.

I think he played on Fairport Convention's rendition of my all time hero's song IF YOU GOTTA GO, GO NOW! which they sang in French:37: ( Mais y tu doit partir allons en)

Back