The British Comedy Awards

Rigsby

Hey, I'm new here.

Been enjoying the new series very much, I thought last nights episode (August 15th) was hilarious, the best of this final run so far.

Just to let you know, I have emailed one of the top people at The British Comedy Awards (ceremony usually in December, to be shown on channel 4 this year) suggesting a lifetime achievement or outstanding contribution award be given to Summer Wine AND/OR Roy Clarke. It was quite a long email and I think I made a good case for some recognition, also mentioning Roy's other classic sitcoms 'Open all hours' and 'Keeping up appearances' and that I was a big fan of his style of writing.

Almost immediately I got a reply from Vijay Amarnani :

'' Dear Ewan
Many thanks for this. I agree it is an outstanding achievement and I will ensure that this is discussed with the producers.
Kind regards
Vijay ''

So fingers crossed some recognition will be given at the awards this year, it would be wonderful to see the cast and Roy up on stage collecting a trophy.

Ewan

Super work Rigsby and if you get to hear and further details do let the forum know,Thanks Terry

It needs more recognition, its the longest running comedy series in the World for goodness sake!

Totally thrilled for Roy Clarke!!!

As soon as Clive Swift was announced I knew it was going to be Roy.
Very humble speech by Roy, what a nice guy.

Did anyone spot 'Howard', 'Marina', 'Pearl' and 'Glenda' in the audience?

Sure did notice them, and I am so happy for Mr Clarke a true comedy legend and such a nice bloke, richly deserved I was so happy to see him get the award...

Back