The lads home FC team?

Hi Pete,

I don't think it came across as a your team is best comment. No need to apologize. I'm pleased everyone has been so good with the responses. Always heard people fiercely defended their footie teams and am glad no feathers got ruffled in our discussion due to a thread I started. :)

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Pete,

I don't think it came across as a your team is best comment. No need to apologize. I'm pleased everyone has been so good with the responses. Always heard people fiercely defended their footie teams and am glad no feathers got ruffled in our discussion due to a thread I started. :)

Cheers,
Rick
It's not that sort of forum Rick,we don't ruffle our feathers,we're as chilled as the guys chewing grass on a hill up New Mill
:-)

Hi Pete,

Cheers,
Rick

Let me put it like this; that is being across the Pond, we also have football but it's the kind that's played with a pigskin (the football), pads and helmets. And our team has been so pathetic that Sunday afternoons pass without us even looking at it. There's nothing worse than a pathetic team.

As a note: To my shock and amazement, a character on Ballykissangel once wore an American football team cap!!

Rick, we all support different teams, I'd never fall out with someone over a game. Life is WAY too short and there are WAY too many real problems out there to get your knickers in a twist over. :wink::wink:

Rick, we all support different teams, I'd never fall out with someone over a game. Life is WAY too short and there are WAY too many real problems out there to get your knickers in a twist over. :wink::wink:

Totally agree Pearl , although I did comment on the Sunderland Relegation post , there are 10 of us who regularly go racing and have just been in Spain , five are Sunderland fans , five are Newcastle , been together socially a number of years without any heated arguments about football , as you say way too many real problems not least the sad events in Paris this weekend .

Totally agree Pearl , although I did comment on the Sunderland Relegation post , there are 10 of us who regularly go racing and have just been in Spain , five are Sunderland fans , five are Newcastle , been together socially a number of years without any heated arguments about football , as you say way too many real problems not least the sad events in Paris this weekend .

There's nothing wrong with a lighted hearted banter but things have to stay in prospective. Its John that started this so he'll be getting the tin tray ;) Though I don't know I bother, he likes it!! :D

Its John that started this so he'll be getting the tin tray ;) Though I don't know I bother, he likes it!! :D[/QUOTE]

Never had a catarrh problem with you around Pearlykins :35:

The lads home FC team

There's nothing wrong with a lighted hearted banter but things have to stay in prospective. Its John that started this so he'll be getting the tin tray ;) Though I don't know I bother, he likes it!! :D

Pearl,

May as well try and get a little earner out of said tray, hence I expect to see John, the tin tray and yourself on Britain's Got Talent auditions with your rendition of Frankie Lane's Mule Train , the tray and John's head will combine to replace the whip crack from the original song! :)

Football and the team you support is something that happens at a very early age,when I was at secondary school in the fifties my class all supported Spurs the other class in my year supported Arsenal and during the season on Mondays it was war in the playground. But we all had a go at A poor bloke who supported Leyton Orient, as useless then as now,but come the summer it was Essex County cricket club a far more gentlemanly sport and I still follow them but I have lost interest in football and don't really follow it.In the thirties and forties and fifties people followed their local team so the population of Holmfirth would journey to Huddersfield to support Town ! Compo especially probably went and was let in the back gate by a mate Foggy would have been in the stands whilst his mum worried about him at home ,as for Clegg I cant see him supporting any team as he couldn't make up his mind who to support .

Pearl,

May as well try and get a little earner out of said tray, hence I expect to see John, the tin tray and yourself on Britain's Got Talent auditions with your rendition of Frankie Lane's Mule Train , the tray and John's head will combine to replace the whip crack from the original song! :)

No idea who Frankie Lane is but the idea of bashing John on live TV appeals to me ;D;D

Me poor ole head :(
7nxvxvs.jpg

One of my aunts used to a Frankie Lane impression at Christmas when she had drunk a few port and lemons complete with all the actions always thought she was loopy!

Back