The nurse & Summer Wine

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Yesterday a nurse called to see me for a sample, a blood pressure check and put a clamp on my finger to check my pulse. The conversation quite naturally turned to covid and she told that, due to all her family having been cursed with the disease, she had cancelled her holiday in Florida and they had stopped their runs into the Peak District. I asked her which places she visited to which she gave me a short list. Then she added that, being fans of Summer Wine, they also visit Holmfirth. She told me that they always watch it when it is being shown on TV. She then really surprised me by saying that she had seen me getting on a bus in one of the episodes. The words knocked, down and feather sprang to mind. I'm no Tom Cruise and was pleased to know that I had been recognized. Mmm, I wonder if they are ready for a new D.C.I. Barnaby yet in Midsomer Murders? :cool:

Hope you don't go all Prima Donna on us Peri. I watched an old Sykes episode last week where Eric is cast as in an advert and it goes to his head attends a theatrical school run by the normally fierce Rita Webb.

Yesterday a nurse called to see me for a sample, a blood pressure check and put a clamp on my finger to check my pulse. The conversation quite naturally turned to covid and she told that, due to all her family having been cursed with the disease, she had cancelled her holiday in Florida and they had stopped their runs into the Peak District. I asked her which places she visited to which she gave me a short list. Then she added that, being fans of Summer Wine, they also visit Holmfirth. She told me that they always watch it when it is being shown on TV. She then really surprised me by saying that she had seen me getting on a bus in one of the episodes. The words knocked, down and feather sprang to mind. I'm no Tom Cruise and was pleased to know that I had been recognized. Mmm, I wonder if they are ready for a new D.C.I. Barnaby yet in Midsomer Murders? :cool:

Which episode were you in?

Unfortunately that's the best picture I could get off YouTube

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-211026_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-211026_Gallery.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 27
look its Priscilla with her curtain pole !:confused2:
Dick, I am sat here, urging my brain to leap into action and tell me who Priscilla is. Please put me out of my misery and tell me who Priscilla is while I still have some hair left. :02:

You and a couple of the others look perplexed by Foggy , Peri ? Could it be he had sung you an extract from the old Dawn song and whilst he was a decent actor his singing wasn't great

So get on the bus
Forget about us
Put the blame on me
If my bananas don't entrap the gibbon by the old oak tree.

A local pub to me has not only wonderful views of the Tyne but also was famous for the graffiti in the toilet . Aside from some questionable things there were some really humorous things including " Bobby Banana , he came , he sunbathed , he peeled!"

Back