The times they have changed!

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
I hope everybody is going to celebrate the 80'th Birthday of the greatest living songwriter on Monday.
The Nobel Prize for Literature winning Mr. Robert Zimmerman a.k.a Bob Dylan.
May you continue for a (long) while yet Bobby.

p.s. His was the very first album I ever bought, and the most recent!

Sad to say I have never ever been a fan , he writes great songs but they are far better performed by other artists . The only exception to my general dislike of all things "Burb" ? The Travelling Wilburys. Sorry Tony. :)

Sorry Dick :( but if we all liked the same music it would be a tragedy [and no I don't like the Bee Gees] . I listen to some music that would make your teeth itch its very diverse in styles . In the car I have playlists on my phone that reflect that diversity, much to the consternation of any passengers. When I worked shifts we used to get through them by playing music and we all took it in turns to play an album and they have to be played in full . I would sometimes play Zappa, thrash metal or often Reggae but another guy liked easy listening so often you'd get Ministry [thrash/industrial metal band] followed by Doris Day's greatest hits both would normally draw a crescendo of " What the %$££" is that!!" :)

I have been a Dylan fan since 1964 I heard a lot of Folk music since and I went big on a lot of singer/songwriters . Leonard Cohen , Neil young etc including the ladies Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders . I have eclectic tastes in music including classical. My first love will always be DYLAN and Status Quo and the Who still rock my boat. I tell you this because of your statement " If we all liked the same music it would be a tragedy" My son in law is /was big into AC/DC and other heavy metal.So have listened over the years. Eclectic listening.!:08::p

Add another string to my musical repertoire , I am mid way through a Comeback Concert by the EAGLES, (3rd or 4th time on Sky arts )thoroughly enjoying it . GLENN FREYY's son filling in almost seamlessly for his father ! Just another eclectic notch on my musical belt. :37:

Hey hey, come on you guys. Doris Day was a good singer, a good actress and a beautiful woman. She also put a lot of time and a lot of money into animal welfare. Anyone who does that is tops with me. We all like Compo and he put most of his money into the care of horses, well, the men in between, bookies.:42:

I hope everybody is going to celebrate the 80'th Birthday of the greatest living songwriter on Monday.
The Nobel Prize for Literature winning Mr. Robert Zimmerman a.k.a Bob Dylan.
May you continue for a (long) while yet Bobby.

p.s. His was the very first album I ever bought, and the most recent!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB !!:03::03:

My absolute musical hero....The Bard of Whalley Range was 62 on Saturday !!!!...Mr.Steven Patrick Morrissey !!!!!.
I have loved him since the early 80's.......from The Smiths to his solo work...he has a similar attitude to me !!!...."The more people I meet...the more I love my dog !!!!"......an absolute one off....a genius.......
People always say to me..."but he is so miserable !!".......me me and like minded souls his music is uplifting,inspiring,and really thought provoking !!...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOZ !!!!!.
X!

Back