The trio in Pubs.

I had wondered about them leaving partial drinks at times as well. Sometimes they do get chased out or wander off before finishing their tea or beer. Were beers at pubs inexpensive back then?

Also, I don't recall many UK shows where the customer tells the bartender to 'keep the change' or give them a tip. Seems like the customer mostly counts out exact (Foggy for example) change for the drinks. Is it not customary to tip the landlord? Maybe it is more of a U.S. kind of thing. Even with Sid and Ivy at the Cafe I don't recall them getting tipped by the guys.

I can see the guys having a little bit of beer while filming. Also, drinking something that looks like beer or non alcoholic. Depending on how many times it takes to get a scene captured they may be just going through the motions of drinking. In a making of/ behind the scenes type video from the show Coupling one of the ladies (Sarah Alexander maybe) said that when they did the bar scenes the ladies drank colored water to look like wine. While the guys tended to drink real beer.

@maltrab Your last post in this thread comes across as if you actually worked with the LotSW show. Is this true? What a great experience it must have been if so.

Cheers,
Rick

Back