the worst thing linked to the show

• Thread starter Thread starter DJWCFC
  • Start date Start date
D

DJWCFC

now I know the title of this thread isn't very positive but is there anything that's linked to the show which you think is the worst thing about the show? I have one and for me its the unofficial versions of the theme tune that appear online that sound like fingernails on a black board or a animal groaning in pain, for me that is the only negative to the show, the official versions are fantastic so why mess with perfection I say

Fortunately there are very few bad things linked to such a long running show, and a bit of fake music is very minor when you think about it.

When I saw the title I thought this may include the cast members and the crew.

Unlike some other long running shows, like soap operas, the actors here have never been involved in any scandals, etc.

It would seem the actors are as wholesome as the characters.

Don't think I know what you are referring to about the blackboard and growling and you said unofficial and online. I suppose it is an advert prior to showing?

Don't think I know what you are referring to about the blackboard and growling and you said unofficial and online. I suppose it is an advert prior to showing?

what I mean Brenda is homemade videos of people playing the theme tune on a instrument badly or singing it badly on sites such as youtube and the blackboard is reference to when teachers used to scrape there fingernails against the blackboards in school, makes me shiver just thinking of that terrible noise

Oh, understand now about the homemade video with music. I haven't seen any that I can think of at the top of my head. Most of the people being fans. I subscribe to a few LOSW Youtube channels.

To me the only bad thing attached to the show is that some of the earlier episodes occasionally reflect views and actions we would find uncomfortable now seeing on TV. What stands out to me is when Sid cries out (offstage) when getting hit by Ivy. Sure, its played for laughs, but just like some of the stuff in the old '50s classic "The Honeymooners," married people hitting each other just isn't funny anymore. Another example is an episode where Clegg seems to say something almost racist in what I assume is meant to be a reference to immigrants. But that is a very rare moment and I may not be understanding it correctly.

At either rate, views and such change over time and its inevitable that a show on that long would have a few outdated references and viewpoints in its early years.

I roll about Laughing at old Spike Milligan scripts. If anyone could be non pc it was Spike. It doesn't stop me enjoying them though! ;) ;)

Must make it plain that I can be as PC as the next person , its just laughing at the era I grew up in! :D :)

Back