top Roy Clarke Sitcom outside of LOTSW

Roy Clarke only wrote the pilot.

Alan Plater wrote the three series that followed.

In truth the three series was better than the pilot, possibly due to a few cast changes.

Roy Clarke only wrote the pilot.

Alan Plater wrote the three series that followed.

In truth the three series was better than the pilot, possibly due to a few cast changes.
stand corrected should know better than to believe IMDB ;D.Was Lynda in the pilot though?

No, Lynda wasn't in the pilot. She wasn't in the first series either - another actress played her part.

I recall you are a Minder fan, so you probably know she was in You Lose Some, You Win Some from the second series.

I didn't realise until today she had an uncredited part as Dave's barmaid in the very first episode Gunfight at the OK Laundrette.

No, Lynda wasn't in the pilot. She wasn't in the first series either - another actress played her part.

I recall you are a Minder fan, so you probably know she was in You Lose Some, You Win Some from the second series.

I didn't realise until today she had an uncredited part as Dave's barmaid in the very first episode Gunfight at the OK Laundrette.
Interesting,will look for her when I watch that episode again

Open All Hours, Keeping up Appearances, First of the Summerwine, All Roy Clarke's Stuff is Funny, the man is just Gifted @ comedy.

Magnificent Evans
Ain't Misbehavin,
On No, it's Selwynn Froggit
The Growing pains of PC Penrose
Rosie
Mann's best friend
Potter
Keeping up appearances
Open all hours

Don't know if roy did this but "Clarence" was great... It was with Ronnie barker and Josephine tewson

A couple of you mentioned seeing these series on thebox.bz. What is thebox.bz about? I went to the site, and one needs to login. I want to know about it before I do. Is there a cost? Can one access it outside the UK? I find a lot of the Brit shows on Netflix, but not these.

When I joined a few years ago the only way to get in was by an invite. Then all I had to do was sign in with a password. There is no cost but read carefully. Reason I say that is because if you go mad with your downloading you can get banned. You have to watch your ratio very carefully. When the shows say free (in blue) it does not effect your ratio excpet for increasing it. So download all the soap operas you see and what ever is free. Then your ratio will go up. What ever you download do not delete for at least two weeks.

Thanks for Info, Compo. I truly appreciate your help. I will probably do that when winter keeps me indoors.

No problem apfaff. Lots of good stuff on the Box. Anyways there isn't much on to download right now as it is summer..

Back