User Profile on New Forum

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Once you are logged into the new forum it is important to go to the User CP, here you can change your profile details including password, if you look in the LH column Under Settings and options, you will see edit options, once this opens go to the bottom of the page to Message Editor Interface,at the moment it will be set to Basic, use the drop down box and set it to Enhanced then click at the bottom,save changes, this will give you a full featured text box in postings

Terry

I must say I hate changes to forums. Hope I got it right. If not oh well. It was ok the way it was.

I'm a bit of an old stickler to Compo but its too much fun to give up on! ;D

Not wanting to make needless changes just for fashion-sake,
can I just stay on the OLD forum and eventually be "migrated"
auto-magically without having to change any passwords?????

Oh Pleeze say Yes!!!

Not wanting to make needless changes just for fashion-sake,
can I just stay on the OLD forum and eventually be "migrated"
auto-magically without having to change any passwords?????

Oh Pleeze say Yes!!!

Sorry Chuck that cannot happen, for security reasons,otherwise I could move someones forum database and all the users would be wide open to me in a new forum,plus we are not make changes for the sake of it,the current forum is much more vulnerable to attacks and I spend some time each day blocking these attacks, the new forum will do a lot of what I do automatically

Tried to log in on the new forum but it won't let me, tried 5 times and now have to wait ???

I managed to change my password and get on the site but when I went back I could not get in. It will not even let me change again. oh hum I think I will wait for our existing site to be unplugged and then try :( :( :(

I can't see an option to change my user name. I appear on the new site with the old user name I first signed up with and changed some time back but I can't see how to change/update name on the new site. Any ideas ???

I seem to be going round in circle, i have recieved an e-mail to change my password, i click on the link to reset it and when i do i get another message telling me my password is incorrect.
I'll try again another day.

On the new Forum it says I last visited 01-01-1970 at 01:00. It's been a long time between visits! :me:

On the new Forum it says I last visited 01-01-1970 at 01:00. It's been a long time between visits! :me:

Mine said the same thing about my last visit. This is crazy. Nothing was wrong with it before. I am not going to worry about it.

Please what ever you do leave the webcam alone. Don't mess around with it. I enjoy having a look around..

I sent a message about ten minutes ago and it hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it's time to look yonder for a Forum..

I don't think the messages on the new forum are up and running yet. I think this is just a look see trial to see if people like it.

I don't like it at all...... Need I say more. It is like changing the name brand of my tea bags..

I sent a message about ten minutes ago and it hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it's time to look yonder for a Forum..

Where did you send the message from this site or the new one,and who or what did you send it to,I see you posted a new board comment yesterday

Back