Wesley/Fred.???

yorkshire puddin

I have read somewhere on a different forum that Wesley Pegden's Character was based on the Late and Great Fred Dibnah..The person said he had read Roy Clarke had admitted it in an article he wrote, I wonder if this is correct.??

There is a resemblance sure, I always loved watching Fred. He should rank amongst the great northern characters, a talented engineer/mechanic who took to broadcasting like a duck to water :respect: :respect:

Agree - when I see a few remaining chimneys I am reminded of Fred and likewise when I see Land Rovers (traditional style) then I am reminded of Wesley!

Fred is a bit of a hero of mine, if you're ever in Bolton stop by his great house and his final resting place at the cemetery just behind it. Took some photos of his Landrover and engine last year. :)

Fred is a bit of a hero of mine, if you're ever in Bolton stop by his great house and his final resting place at the cemetery just behind it. Took some photos of his Landrover and engine last year. :)

Nice pictures,thanks

They do a fantastic tour of freds house and yard ...Lasts for about two and a half hours....It's officially called the FRED DIBNAH HERITAGE CENTRE... You usually find Freds best pal Alf there telling stories of when he did the round GB tour with Fred on the traction engine Fred built...Leon pownsey owns the place now and he does a cracking job running the tours. .http://www.freddibnahheritagecentre.co.uk/

I loved watching him on tv, I am not a fan of engine"s etc, but he made it worth watching.I am sure he would be amazed he has a heritage centre named after him

Back