Wesleys Shed on the move

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I watched Car and Garter and noticed there is some space between the telephone pole and the shed, in later episodes there is much less of a gap between the two

That's something I'll look for in future. Have you ever noticed Edies back door? In the earlier episodes it opens outwards but later on it opens inwards.

There are two times when Wesley's shed was just about completely knocked down. But why would you position it differently when you have those barrels, et al outside in the way. And, Oh, yes, Pearl . . Edie's kitchen. What about Nora's? Just for starters, we see the kitchen sink at the window, then at a wall, and somewhere else in Odd Dog Men Out.

I have heard that BBC totally took down the sets and redid everything periodically. So all of these minor variations probably occurred due to these periodic renovations. I've also noticed on other BBC shows that there are minor changes. In "As Time Goes By" the decor in the front hall changes from year to year.

Ah, see now, in Time Goes By, I only noticed once when the front hall changed and they worked a few words in the script regarding it. Jean asks Judy what the name of the decorator's was. Going to start on watching them and look for it.

I don't know if it counts on this thread but do's anyone know why "Nelly" adds extra syllables to certain words?? As in " librarary " ?? Was this how it was written for her or did it just slip in ??? ??

I don't know if it counts on this thread but do's anyone know why "Nelly" adds extra syllables to certain words?? As in " librarary " ?? Was this how it was written for her or did it just slip in ??? ??

I think she was just talking posh Dick :32:

What about Nora's? Just for starters, we see the kitchen sink at the window,

Yes, it shows that as soon as you go in her front door the kitchen is at the right. In episode "Flags and futher snags", When Wally goes home from riding in the "Shroud Cloud" lol, the door to the right is the living room.

enjoy finding these oops!!

Who's NELLY when she's at home? lol . . . I've never watched deep into the final Third man.

She's the lady with Travis for a husband , she and Pearl go shopping a lot together. :14: She crooks her little finger when drinking at the coffee mornings.

Thank you, AD and DICK. Still not connecting. Perhaps I will try to catch her on youtube.

Quote from the site bio.

June Whitfield born November 11 1925 CBE 1998.
June was born in Streatham and is best known for playing June In Terry And June with Terry Scott she went on to star in Ad-Fab with Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley.
Played Nelly in 44 episodes
First episode Merry Entwistle And Jackson Day 2005.
Last episode Look Who's Wheels Come Off 2010.
Nelly was a friend of Pearls, her husband Travis worries about her going out and rings her constantly Nelly blames his mother. Nelly helps Pearl keep tracks on Howard.

Of cause I could be lying.

Wesley's shed - to return to the original discussion - was erected for each filming and then removed, so changes in location would be quite likely.

Back