What Auntie Wainwright episode was this?

Geoffrey1928

Hello! I used to watch Last of the Summer Wine, well, the first 18 or so series. I have just bought the entire collection, but this Xmas means I want to watch a few of the Xmas episodes. I have been trying to find one episode, I think it was a Xmas themed one, but I might be wrong. It of course featured Compo and Glegg....and I think it was Seymour (but it could have been Foggy). Auntie Wainwright is worried about being broke into and our three friends go over to spend the night/evening in her shop. Of course, it is a miserable affair, she even charges them for a cup of tea. I know near the end of the episode, Ivy, Norah and Pearl turn up with food and drink....a lovely ending, what episode/series was this? Thanks.

Hello! I used to watch Last of the Summer Wine, well, the first 18 or so series. I have just bought the entire collection, but this Xmas means I want to watch a few of the Xmas episodes. I have been trying to find one episode, I think it was a Xmas themed one, but I might be wrong. It of course featured Compo and Glegg....and I think it was Seymour (but it could have been Foggy). Auntie Wainwright is worried about being broke into and our three friends go over to spend the night/evening in her shop. Of course, it is a miserable affair, she even charges them for a cup of tea. I know near the end of the episode, Ivy, Norah and Pearl turn up with food and drink....a lovely ending, what episode/series was this? Thanks.

It was broadcast in 1988 and is on the series 11&12 DVD, Geoffrey.

A wonderful festive special....with a wonderful MUSICAL finale....
Compo....in his SANTA BEANIE HAT....lovingly knitted by Nora....with his banjo...serenading the love of his life..."Oh...I loved her in the springtime when the sun begins to shine....and I loved her in the summer with her undies on the line !!!..."
Edie,Auntie,Nora,Ivy,Seymour and Cleggy all joining in......and preparing for the festive feast ahead......a brilliant ending to a brilliant Christmas special.

What I would love to know is.....what the GOOD FAIRY [a.k.a. Marina] whispered into SANTA'S [a.k.a. Howard's] ear.......because his eyes lit up !!!....and he says "oh yes !!...I would love that for Christmas too !!!"...or words to that effect !!!.......
I put it to my Summerwine family members to answer the question !!!!......
X!

What I would love to know is.....what the GOOD FAIRY [a.k.a. Marina] whispered into SANTA'S [a.k.a. Howard's] ear.......because his eyes lit up !!!....and he says "oh yes !!...I would love that for Christmas too !!!"...or words to that effect !!!.......
I put it to my Summerwine family members to answer the question !!!!......
X!

I'm gonna take the Fifth on that one, Moody. Lol

Back