What episodes do you skip over? Or, what parts of the episode do you skip?

Eli’sComing

Dedicated Member
Being of a rather sensitive nature I tend to skip over certain episodes which I just don’t like. I don’t want to be reminded of anything very cruel to animals, and fortunately there’s very little of that in the LOTSW shows. But I skip the episode where smiler’s dog dies anyway. I also don’t want to see people die so I skip the getting Sam home episode. I also skip the part of the ice cream man cometh episode when Compo slurps his ice cream. I can stand it when he slurps tea but not ice cream, it’s just too gross for me.

Anyone else skip certain episodes?
Or does anyone skip just parts of an episode?

I skip parts of some shows when I binge watch, only because I have seen them so many times I can recite the dialogue completely AND describe the scene, surroundings and background almost to the individual blade of grass. That is MOSTLY true of all episodes but there are occasional grass shoots I might not have noticed in some of them! :)

I also skip certain episodes occasionally because for some reason they just don't grip me. The chimney sweep episode is one which I usually skip. Not because it is bad, just for some reason it doesn't resonate.

Another, for which I will be soundly chastised, that I tend to avoid is Getting Sam Home. I KNOW it is a revered and favourite of many if not most watchers, but for me it is too long, drawn out and frankly pretty boring to me. Coupled with the disconnect between Sid and his dubbed voice.

I am fully conversant on WHY his voice was dubbed, but to me it grates too much and removes Sid from the show rather than includes him, which is silly since it is still John Comer on screen!

.............heading for the bomb shelter...........

No need to hide in any bomb shelters for voicing your opinions in this thread.
I agree with all your points and will defend to the death your right to share them here in my thread

I tend to skip the episode with the tramp. As well as Extra! Extra! for some reason they don't seem to grip me

I don't really skip any episodes to be honest. My mum doesn't like the funeral episodes but she'll watch compos passing trilogy

I'm not a fan of Getting Sam Home either as it seems so different and out of character of the other episodes. To that end the screening of said episode was the only event I 'skipped' at the 50th Anniversary Events in Holmfirth this year.....

Another, for which I will be soundly chastised, that I tend to avoid is Getting Sam Home. I KNOW it is a revered and favourite of many if not most watchers, but for me it is too long, drawn out and frankly pretty boring to me. Coupled with the disconnect between Sid and his dubbed voice.

I am fully conversant on WHY his voice was dubbed, but to me it grates too much and removes Sid from the show rather than includes him, which is silly since it is still John Comer on screen!

.............heading for the bomb shelter...........
Would you have realised it was someone else's voice if you hadn't been told?

Perhaps I'm obsessive, but I don's skip any episodes, or any parts of episodes, and I always view them in the order in which they were broadcast.

As far as Tony Melody's dubbing of John Comer's voice was concerned, I didn't realize that the voice was dubbed until I read about it much later. At first, I thought it sounded as though Comer had a cold, but after a few lines, I no longer noticed the difference.

Perhaps I'm obsessive, but I don's skip any episodes, or any parts of episodes, and I always view them in the order in which they were broadcast.

As far as Tony Melody's dubbing of John Comer's voice was concerned, I didn't realize that the voice was dubbed until I read about it much later. At first, I thought it sounded as though Comer had a cold, but after a few lines, I no longer noticed the difference.
I'm not obsessive but I am a completist, so currently do watch them all; though I can imagine a time in the future when some of the longer specials (Extra Extra/Dream Acres etc) I may tire of and only watch occasionally.

I have missed the odd minute in some of the episodes on Gold on account of having to loo loo skip to the loo arriving back after the adverts have ended and the show resumed other than that would not wish to watch Extra Extra again . Hobbo seems to be a controversial choice of third man personally I watch them but are there other members who don't watch those with Russ Abbot in ?

Eli's Coming.......what about a frozen dead ferret in a potato waffle box ?????.
His previous owner must have been very kind to him because he asked Hobbo,Alvin and Entwistle to bury him in the local Churchyard !!.
I think Cleggy was the person most close to nature......just look how excited he was when he was looking at a spider [which STILL lives in Howard's cap !!!],a weevil.....and a beetle [which may actually be called NORMAN....according to Pearl !!!].

I have missed the odd minute in some of the episodes on Gold on account of having to loo loo skip to the loo arriving back after the adverts have ended and the show resumed other than that would not wish to watch Extra Extra again . Hobbo seems to be a controversial choice of third man personally I watch them but are there other members who don't watch those with Russ Abbot in ?
I always watch on DVD for that reason, cap'n.
I personally don't enjoy the last two series' as much, but I think it is unfair to single out Hobbo alone as the reason for this. For me it is the largely absence of Clegg/Truly (& sidelining of Entwistle?), and the increased screen time of the others (Moreton/Toby, Nelly & the truly awful Travis), replacements, including Stella, are just not strong enough to carry this loss. The whole dynamic is changed. The only latter new character I enjoy is Miss Davenport.

Me.

Back