What has happened to the BBC

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
It seems the BBC are not capable of producing quality TV any-more,just the endless repeats and the new stuff is the same old reality rubbish,lots of makeover,cooking etc etc shows, even ITV seem to be making an effort,with Downton Abbey,Doc Martin and Midsomer

Now though the BBC are cutting cost and low level staff are going,it seems the top folk are retaining their big salaries,now it is not the top management that make the shows,they just make the bad decisions like binning shows we enjoy,take Bargain Hunt on a bad day the contestants can loose over £1000 normal days around £500, that adds up to £150,000 on a normal day each year and that is without all the other cost,now would not that money be better spent elsewhere

At the rate they are going in a few years time we will all be paying to watch the test card all day,and that will be repeated on BBC2,3,4 and HD channels

I totally agree with your statement on the beeb. total lack of ideas and responsibility for the rubbish they make now. Its about time they got extra revenue from the dreaded adverts, at least this may save some jobs, or would it? top brass will always keep their salaries and jobs but the lower down salt of the earth types will be the first to make way for Jonathan Ross type characters ££££££££££££s.

Same as the NHS the people who decide the redundancies are the ones who stand to lose cushy jobs and so get rid of the "little" people. Therefore they make savings and justify their own existence!

Same as the NHS the people who decide the redundancies are the ones who stand to lose cushy jobs and so get rid of the "little" people. Therefore they make savings and justify their own existence!

I know - it happened to me. It seems that it is happening in colleges now where I worked for a number of years.

The BBC has far too much emphasis upon producing yawn inducing DIY based shows, Air Headed rubbish like Strictly Come Dancing and far too many antiques programmes ( Flog It, the antiques Road Show and Bargain Hunt to name a few). ::)

There are one or two pluses in the column with the new series Frozen Planet and the recently shown Walking with Dinosaurs but these are few and far between.

But in terms of comedy, there is absolutely nothing only rubbish alternative stuff that is supposed to be the in thing at the moment.

Back