What I found in my attic ....

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
Some of you may have noticed my absence for a little while (no ah well - we can not all be famous!)

I have been very busy sorting out the upper reaches of the old home, to try and retreat to just two floors not four! One person can so easily get lost over four floors - besides which all those stairs can be a little over-doing the exercise!

Any way the point is that I have managed for the first time to bring all my SW stuff together in one place, and have started sorting it, This means I have even more material for the episode guide which I shall return to soon. (The files are now all together just in the ante-room to my new library (125 feet of shelving).

And I found something I dew together from various on-line comments on another website, together with material from the Summer Wine Appreciation Society obviously before posting it.

So these were the most popular episodes from all the comments received at that time (could be so different now) but I present it for your comment, edification and whatever ...

The new mobile trio (1st series)
Forked Lightning (2nd series)
Full Speed Behind (5th series)
All mod conned (1982 special)
Getting Sam Home (1983 special)
The mysterious feet of Norah Batty (8th series)
When you take a good bite Yorkshire tastes terrible (9th series)
Treasure of the deep (10th series)
Crums (1988 special)
Three men and a mangle (11th series)
A present for Norah (1989 special)
Barry's Christmas (1990 special)
Passing the ear-ring (13th series) - note I use the original series numbers not those on DVDs
Ordeal by trousers (14th series)
A leg up for Christmas (1995 special)
Last post and pigeon (2000 special)
Elegy for fallen wellies (21st series)
Surprise at Throstlenest (21st series)
Just a small funeral (21st series)
The secret birthday of Norman Clegg (24th series)
The afterthoughts of a Co-op manager (26th series)
It's never ten years (29th series)
Goodnight sweet ferret (30th series)
How not to cry at weddings (31st series)

these all received a lot of support. It would be interesting that with the passage of time, has this list changed?

One thing I noted was that there are, in my view, a lot of good episodes in series three and four but that tends to dilute the votes for those so no one episode stands out, whereas if there is one clear outstanding episode in a series it is better remembered and more likely to be listed as a favourite one.

Seven of that list were not on my personal favourites list!

Some of you may have noticed my absence for a little while (no ah well - we can not all be famous!)

I have been very busy sorting out the upper reaches of the old home, to try and retreat to just two floors not four! One person can so easily get lost over four floors - besides which all those stairs can be a little over-doing the exercise!

Any way the point is that I have managed for the first time to bring all my SW stuff together in one place, and have started sorting it, This means I have even more material for the episode guide which I shall return to soon. (The files are now all together just in the ante-room to my new library (125 feet of shelving).

And I found something I dew together from various on-line comments on another website, together with material from the Summer Wine Appreciation Society obviously before posting it.

So these were the most popular episodes from all the comments received at that time (could be so different now) but I present it for your comment, edification and whatever ...

The new mobile trio (1st series)
Forked Lightning (2nd series)
Full Speed Behind (5th series)
All mod conned (1982 special)
Getting Sam Home (1983 special)
The mysterious feet of Norah Batty (8th series)
When you take a good bite Yorkshire tastes terrible (9th series)
Treasure of the deep (10th series)
Crums (1988 special)
Three men and a mangle (11th series)
A present for Norah (1989 special)
Barry's Christmas (1990 special)
Passing the ear-ring (13th series) - note I use the original series numbers not those on DVDs
Ordeal by trousers (14th series)
A leg up for Christmas (1995 special)
Last post and pigeon (2000 special)
Elegy for fallen wellies (21st series)
Surprise at Throstlenest (21st series)
Just a small funeral (21st series)
The secret birthday of Norman Clegg (24th series)
The afterthoughts of a Co-op manager (26th series)
It's never ten years (29th series)
Goodnight sweet ferret (30th series)
How not to cry at weddings (31st series)

these all received a lot of support. It would be interesting that with the passage of time, has this list changed?

One thing I noted was that there are, in my view, a lot of good episodes in series three and four but that tends to dilute the votes for those so no one episode stands out, whereas if there is one clear outstanding episode in a series it is better remembered and more likely to be listed as a favourite one.

Seven of that list were not on my personal favourites list!

Great find barmpot, about what year was that vote from? It's amazing what one can find. Sounds like u have your work cut out for you. ENJOY!

Great find barmpot, about what year was that vote from? It's amazing what one can find. Sounds like u have your work cut out for you. ENJOY!

As the findings included the final series I assume it was compiled a short time afterwards in 2010. Unfortunately my notes do not have a date. Nearly binned it as just another copy of the list of episodes when I noticed the scribblings on top which indicated that I had used it to ananlyse the thoughts of others.

Back