Where are u all from

Hi all, haven't been on line for a while, been busy moving. Hope everyone is ok and website and forum seems to be doing well!
Well as you can tell from my nickname I'm from Wales. I'm living back in Merthyr Tydfil (22 miles north of Cardiff), birthplace of our very own Jane Freeman.
Haven't been up to Holmfirth for a few years but its my favourite break destination!

Hi I've only been on the forum for just over a year and since you asked where are you from I've been thinking of adding my two- penn'orth. This usually means that the topic may drop off the radar but here goes. I am from near Mansfield in Notts (the real Robin Hood county, never mind what Billy Hardcastle says) I have lived locally since birth and only ever left the British mainland twice(Once to Malta and once to the Isle of Wight(ho-hum) I like to travel in Yorkshire because my family originates up there in the 18th century and before (so I've been told) I am a man of 68 years not in good health but watching the prog and keeping in touch via the forum keeps me going. I am going to close now cause this is turning into a book and my eyes are aching :(

I come from Malta, was born here etc. But we are having lousy weather at the moment. It is not Sunny malta. Pleased to meet you.

I live near Boise, Idaho in the States. I enjoy hearing where everyone is from.
I also like it when you all add to where you live. Pleased to meet you, too!

Born in Essex, now resident in Walcote, Leicestershire about an hours drive from Holmfirth. Must get back there one day, haven't been for some years. Grumpy

I'm from Liverpool on the NW coast of England. Last year I moved down to the quiet countryside of Shropshire, in the Midlands and near the border with Wales. It;s nice down here, I like it, lovely scenery and Horses in fields, you cant beat it.

Hi all, I live in Norfolk and have done for the last 42years. Originally from West Midlands. Been to Holmfirth a couple of times hoping to again this year. Anyone else in Norfolk?

yes happyjack I am :) i live just outside Dereham in Norfolk, wouldnt want to live anywhere else, and Stephen Fry lives just up the road ;D

I live in Scarborough (as you know) I don't know how far away I am from Holmfirth, but I have been to Huddersfield (For my great aunt's funeral) when 7 years old, and of course then I had no idea LOTSW existed.

I'm from Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland (on the Durham/North Yorkshire border).

Southern Oregon here. Was last in the UK in '03, following a small rock tour with fellow fans. Went everywhere, in what seemed like randon order. October and clear skies, not a drop of rain. Just lovely.

LOL, Terry, true! Though it changes a bit from time to time, but all around one particular spot in central London ;D.

I am from just outside royal Tunbridge Wells in the lovely county of Kent in the south east of England.To our overseas friends Kent is also known as the garden
of England.

I just read an article in an old "REALM" magazine about that part of England...
how fortunate you must feel! :D

I'm from Leicester, we went to Holfirth last Wednesday you remember that Wednesday it rained all day :) Still a good though. Went into Daisy Lane book shop and had a cuppa at Sids :)

Back