Where do you spend your time online?

Well I often look in here, useful place to rant and read what others are thinking - often find a lot of like minded individuals which I find heartening.

AS well I also regularly look at

news
weather
Bradford diocese
Common Worship
Nick Blaines blog
Local news (three - BBC local, Telegraph & Argus and Keighley News)
Amazon - if only to check my reviewer ranking! ;) -
Gn15 forum (http://forum.gn15.info/)
Narrow Gauge Modelling (http://www.ngrm-online.com/)
Yahoo groups - to do with modelling
on line artist suppliers

as well as any such as where to stay cheaply and so on ....

Hey, JRT2345,
Got a week off and I'm going Christmas shopping!! Hah!! Love it! I went to Aberaeron yesterday for a drive. I thought to myself, 'theres an Autumnul nip in the air, time to make festive plans' and so tomorrow I'm gonna start buying stuff. OOOOHH! I love it! Do you know any good Christmas sites?

Some more.

Kent county cricket club
NFL website
Oakland Raiders website
Google Maps
Ticketmaster
Welcome to Yorkshire.com :)

American Fans - I Have Been Told 'As Time Goes By' is one of your very favourite sitcoms.

I am an American fan who USED to love Lionel and Jean. But now
our local public TV station has restarted the series from the very
beginning for about the 25th time. I can recite the lines as well
as they can. I would give almost anything to get some other show.

OBTW - same goes for That Bucket Woman.

One does tire of all these repeats.

American Fans - I Have Been Told 'As Time Goes By' is one of your very favourite sitcoms.

I am an American fan who USED to love Lionel and Jean. But now
our local public TV station has restarted the series from the very
beginning for about the 25th time. I can recite the lines as well
as they can. I would give almost anything to get some other show.

OBTW - same goes for That Bucket Woman.

One does tire of all these repeats.

The beautiful thing about Summer Wine is that with so many series, one doesn't tire of watching it daily as long as it is from beginning to end. I understand how you feel about KUA, As Time Goes By, the Old Guys, etc. I choose not to watch them regularly. I am a school teacher. If it turns out that I am in position to watch As Time Goes By regularly during my 2013 summer break I might return to it then. I know that is a ways back. Until then Chuck, I guess you can opt to watch other programs via youtube, the box, etc. Maybe after 1-2 years off, you can enjoy such shows again.

The beautiful thing about Summer Wine is that with so many series, one doesn't tire of watching it daily as long as it is from beginning to end. I understand how you feel about KUA, As Time Goes By, the Old Guys, etc. I choose not to watch them regularly. I am a school teacher. If it turns out that I am in position to watch As Time Goes By regularly during my 2013 summer break I might return to it then. I know that is a ways back. Until then Chuck, I guess you can opt to watch other programs via youtube, the box, etc. Maybe after 1-2 years off, you can enjoy such shows again.

I am not sure I entirely follow this. It is the "from beginning to end" which is throwing me. Is there not a fundamental difference between LOTSW and "As Time Goes By" particularly. The latter is very much a serial. It has a continuous story-line. Ideally, it needs to be watched in sequence. The same does not apply to LOTSW. Apart from a few linked episodes, each can be watched in isolation and in any order. In some ways, it is only we addicts who have a clue of any order for the episodes. By and large KUA fits into the same classification though there are far fewer episodes so regular repeats do get tedious. Same applies to "Open All Hours" - can be watched in any order. In contrast with "The Old Guys" there is an element of the serial about it.

Back