Who is that woman in Last Post and Pigeon?

WellyMan

Dedicated Member
At the end of the episode Ros goes back to Edie's house and besides her family there's another woman who comes out to greet her. Does anyone know who she is meant to be?

I recall seeing this, never knew why she had to be included it just didn't make sense. Perhaps she was a character that Roy Clarke was planning to add into the series later on but never did.

I seem to remember that at one point, I believe a charity fund raising event, someone bid the most & won an appearance on the programme. Not sure if anything to do with that episode but can anyone shed any light on it?

Yes, as Graham says. I think there were one or two other people who also got to appear in either that episode, or the series which formed part of it.

Writers Robert Ross and Morris Bright also got to appear in that series as well.

I recall a few unfamiliar faces in the scene in which the crowd of neighbors comes out to the road to wish a safe journey to Compo, Clegg and Truly, as they depart for France.

There's also an unexplained woman, maybe the same one, in the Feathers pub scenes in the episode From Here to Paternity.

At the end of the episode Ros goes back to Edie's house and besides her family there's another woman who comes out to greet her. Does anyone know who she is meant to be?
Of course I could be wrong, but was that when Edie was in a wheelchair claiming to have hurt her ankle and in reality Thora Hird was in ill health and the woman who came out was actually her care giver.

Back