Who Made A Bit Of A Splash In Wales Then?

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
Was it ever mentioned why Foggy visited that lady in Wales? I assumed she was an old friend who knew Foggy for years, and that he was consoling her after her husband's passing. However, I don't recall any exact reason mentioned in the episode's dialogue. I must admit the scenes by the duck pond were quite beautiful. Also, when Clegg, Compo, Sid and Ivy were on that desolate road, and the guys were looking at the map to find directions, was it me, or did it look like the sky was about to open up and start pouring rain? For some reason, I remember the sky looking very dark in that episode -- like storm clouds were forming.

I love that episode, and yes, I also saw the black clouds in the sky and thought, they must have hurried with the shooting, the ground isn´t wet yet, so it is coming, not going away. It could even have been a thunderstorm. About Foggy and this lady, I have always wondered how he knew her, but it was clear there was some sort of romantic relationship going on.

and then Foggy never mentioned her again.Indeed,aside from Gilian,there was no indication that Foggy was interested in the attention of women after this episode

Wasn't Foggy stationed in Wales during his sign writing duties after he had won the war in the far east single handed? Maybe this is how he knew the woman.

and then Foggy never mentioned her again.Indeed,aside from Gilian,there was no indication that Foggy was interested in the attention of women after this episode

Until we get "There goes the groom" qwhen the post lady (was it the one with the biggest round?) and he disappeared.

Until we get "There goes the groom" qwhen the post lady (was it the one with the biggest round?) and he disappeared.

Although he was temporarily derailed by Mrs. Jack Attercliffe.

that was only because she took advantage of his inebriated state ;D

no that was Clegg, the Foggy thing was a case of mistaken identy - she was supposed to go for Smiler

no that was Clegg, the Foggy thing was a case of mistaken identy - she was supposed to go for Smiler
Youre thinking of the episode The Black Widow

Youre thinking of the episode The Black Widow

ah yeah. Sorry.

This has always been one of my favorite eps, too. There have been a few episodes with dark skies or shadows of clouds moving over hills.....
very beautiful.

Back