Whoops 40th anniversary

I am fairly sure the pub at the beginning of the Return of the Warrior is the real-life interior of The Butchers Arms.

This interior was used for a handful of early 1990s episodes.

Like Chuffer with his duck impressions, I think I got a few odd looks, but you just gotta do it! Two elderly ladies frowned at me in Sids when I slurped my tea from the saucer, but I wanted my Mrs to take a photo.

Please stay on the site Chuffer & keep on posting your adventures. We had a favorite duck there that we named 'Bouffant' & you may remember it with its distinctive 'hair do'. Unfortunately not seen it for the last few years so assume the worst. Happy new year to ALL & keep on Quacking!
Oh I will Graham,thankyou,if the post came across as a farewell it was only to the Whoops thread,and my absence has been due to a heavy workload this last week,thankyou though.
I’m on the lookout for episodes from 82,92 and 02 to do similar 40th,30th and 20th anniversaries of them some time,thankyou for all your posts and comments,I haven’t seen Bouffant around,maybe he’s gone down river where there is another community of ducks,there’s a stretch of river and ducks from the co op to Sands recreation ground that you can’t get to,I’d like to think he’s enjoying life there.

Thank you for posting this Douglas it has been the LOTSW equivalent of Dick Barton Special Agent [even though we knew what would basically happen having watched Whoops many times] . Presenting each aspect with accompanying photos of then and now is a great format , thank you for taking the time not only to undertake the recreation personally but for the effort to compose the narrative and create and match up the photographs. :)
Thanks so much captain,I really enjoyed my Whoops walk and at some point will be looking to recreate a 20th,30th or 40th anniversary walk from an episode from 2002,1992 or 1982,thankyou for the comment,much appreciated.

If you stop posting Douglas, we will send Nora,Ivy and Pearl to hunt you down, then turn you over to Edie
Haha,thanks maltrab,I’m sorry if I worded my post to sound like I was leaving,I was just referring to the conclusion of the post,it’s true I did only join to post the thread,but you have all been so lovely,and funny too,and I love learning from all of you,with a vast love of this wonderful show.

I am fairly sure the pub at the beginning of the Return of the Warrior is the real-life interior of The Butchers Arms.

This interior was used for a handful of early 1990s episodes.
Ooh I’ll definitely have to look out for that wstol,I love this site and the vast wealth of knowledge that likeminded Sumer Wine devotees have,thankyou.

When we were in the Butchers arms I had to stand where Foggy was on the phone pretending to be the speaking clock.That scene always makes me laugh.
That’s another of those LOL scenes Graham,absolutely love that but to be honest I never realised it was the Butchers,I can see the scene now,will have to revisit that in an anniversary post some time,its great being amongst people who share my love for the show,thankyou.

Like Chuffer with his duck impressions, I think I got a few odd looks, but you just gotta do it! Two elderly ladies frowned at me in Sids when I slurped my tea from the saucer, but I wanted my Mrs to take a photo.
Love that,I wore my woollen beanie and put it on the table,but I never thought to slurp from the saucer,what a great idea,I wonder if there are people that go in with no idea of the connection to the show and think it’s just another cafe,to them you would just look like someone slurping from a saucer,but to us it’s so funny and a great tribute,next time I go in,I will insist on a sticky bun,I will put eight sugars in my tea,and I WILL slurp it from the saucer,I think every one of us has a duty to do that.

That’s another of those LOL scenes Graham,absolutely love that but to be honest I never realised it was the Butchers,I can see the scene now,will have to revisit that in an anniversary post some time,its great being amongst people who share my love for the show,thankyou.
Welcome back D E. You need to go in the Butchers via the right hand porch to see the bar area where Foggy was on the phone. The Butchers has/had a dark wood tongue & groove ceiling which identifies some internal pub scenes.

It's a sad world we live in now, Ivy would be arrested on an assault charge for using her tin tray. What happened to light hearted fun?
True Graham,most of the things you wouldn’t get away with now,it’s like the old fashioned Bobby and a clip round the ear,it’s how Ivy kept order in the cafe,behave or you get the tin tray behind the lughole,thankyou for the replies,and that includes everyone,I’v really enjoyed reading them.

These are absolutely brilliant Chuffer thanks again for taking the time and effort to post them. On a similar thread have you seen the Summer Wino's video of the then and now of Getting Sam Home?

Barry thank you so much for telling me about this,I watched it tonight along with the Uncle of the Bride one they did,and am going to watch the rest now,I have the book they wrote,which Bob and Andrew kindly signed for me,but I had no idea these videos existed,they were wonderful and I think their spirit encapsulates the love we all have and how we feel about the show,thankyou again,
Chuffer.

Back