Wrapping paper in Small Tune on a Penny Wassail

wstol

Dedicated Member
Small technical detail in Small Tune on a Penny Wassail.

When Compo gets the presents, and gives them to Compo and Foggy, saying something like 'These are from you, and these are from you', a very illogical choice of wrapping paper was used.

There were two designs of wrapping paper - one red, one blue.

The presents Foggy are to hand out consist of one red, one blue.

The presents Clegg are to hand out consist of the exact same red pattern, and the exact same blue pattern.

This wouldn't really happen, it's too much of a coincidence.

In other words, one person would give presents in blue paper, the other would give presents in red paper.

Clearly the runners and directors assistants mixed up the fake presents when they were put on the Set . When they were young I imagine they had little success at children's parties in the pass the parcel game .

Yes, I think it was perhaps done that way so all Bill Owen had to do when picking up the two presents intended for him to open was to simply pick up the two blue ones.

I don't like to spoil the magic ;)

There's a perfectly plausible explanation, none of them drove so they were limited to what they could buy in Holmfirth, I'm guessing there was only 2 styles of wrapping paper left in the village shop. They all naturally wanted one of each as they were each wrapping 2 presents so they independently bought the same wrapping papers independently :08:

There's a perfectly plausible explanation, none of them drove so they were limited to what they could buy in Holmfirth, I'm guessing there was only 2 styles of wrapping paper left in the village shop. They all naturally wanted one of each as they were each wrapping 2 presents so they independently bought the same wrapping papers independently :08:
That'll do.

As Sherlock said, when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.....

Aunty Wainwright probably had a better selection but there was no way they were going to pay her Christmas prices!.

When I was a child, nobody had to tell me that Santa Claus wasn't real. The tags that said from "Santa" were written in exactly the same handwriting as my mother's handwriting. And the wrapping paper was the same.

When I was a child, nobody had to tell me that Santa Claus wasn't real. The tags that said from "Santa" were written in exactly the same handwriting as my mother's handwriting. And the wrapping paper was the same.

In the case of anyone who may look at this forum, I must point out to everyone that Santa Claus is of course real.

I've just watched this episode again, I love it Wally at his absolute best :)

Another observation, is it just me or are the Christmas hats these days rubbish compared with the ones they had then. I love Foggys pirate hat, but all of them have great hats. I've never had one like that in a cracker before???

Back