wrestling

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Anyone remember when wrestling was on the telly on saturdays.How many wrestlers can u remember from it.I'll go first..

King Kong kirk
Giant Haystacks
Big Daddy

Anymore

I saw some old posters of the wall in sids cafe whilst watching early episodes which made me think of this :)

Two of my sons wrestle in a small promotion.One wrestles under the name of Vulture and the other as Cabbie Klowaski.
They prefer to watch the old tv wrestling as it was more technical.

Remember watching The Royal Brothers (Vic and ??) with my late father in law on a saturday afternoon.Along with Mick Mcmanus and Mal Kirk. There was an afro-caribbean man as well (his name escapes me) but his speciality was the head butt. :eek:

Remember watching The Royal Brothers (Vic and ??) with my late father in law on a saturday afternoon.Along with Mick Mcmanus and Mal Kirk. There was an afro-caribbean man as well (his name escapes me) but his speciality was the head butt. :eek:

The Royals were Burt Royal and Vic Faulkner and the man who 'used his head' was Johnny Kwango.
There was also Billy Two Rivers who wore full indian head dress.

The Royals were Burt Royal and Vic Faulkner and the man who 'used his head' was Johnny Kwango.
There was also Billy Two Rivers who wore full indian head dress.
Thanks George, Burt and Vic were brothers according to pa in law but of course he could have been lying ;)

Pat Roach did wrestle(no idea how long for) and yes Kent Walton was the commentator. :D

When I was a child I had a friend who loved wrestling, whenever they visited us instead of playing with me he switched the TV on (we received more channels than them) and watched wrestling, of course I was cross and hated it. The only name I remember was somebody looking like a giant Asterix, Hulk Hogan. I had to look up who Haystacks was because I never understood Sid´s remark in an episode about "Midget Haystacks" or so, I thought he meant, well, a haystack on a field or so, lol!!

Back