Yorkshire Post

Do you have a link for the article, Maggie? I think I saw an article but am not sure I read the whole thing.

Sorry I don't read the shout box. Rick hope you've got Thomas' link. I've got a query about Cleggy's house move. I think it was in the episode Das Welly Boot. Does it say why he moved and it implies he was renting the house as Pearl says something along the lines of 'they've refused you too' which seems to imply it was a rented property. I always imagined he owned his own house. Just wondering!

I believe Howard mentioned to clegg "how does it feel to be rehoused cleggy" I'm thinking the council moved them into better accommodation

Perhaps we could solve this by adopting what thy did on the fictional island of Nollop which featured in a book I read many years ago called Ella Minnow Pea . The island founder Neville Nollop inventor of the phrase " The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog ", which if you check contains all the letters of the Alphabet , has a statue erected in his honour with that very phrase picked out in individual letters on the plinth.

One by one the letters fall off and as they do their use are banned by the Island Council . People using that letter will be arrested and charged . There are some really inventive aspects of the story its a funny read . Its a while since I read it but I think the Newspaper editor can stand it no longer and in an act of defiance prints a page full of the letter Z.

If we ba??ed letters [like I have just done with N , oops plod will be after me now sorry ?ow] the? all the mistakes with typi?g would?'t matter. :)

Thanks Thomas and Maggie. That is the article I was thinking of and I did get pulled away before finishing it. Really nice article along with some great pictures.

I'm going to watch both of funerals and fish and how not to cry at weddings on the 29th I was planning a holmfirth trip but that will wait untill next year now with everything what's going on

'with everything what's going on'. How often have we heard this phrase this year. Another well known phrase 'no one saw this coming'.
What a world we live.
I think God added too much salt.

:rolleyes:

Mikey

Sorry I don't read the shout box. Rick hope you've got Thomas' link. I've got a query about Cleggy's house move. I think it was in the episode Das Welly Boot. Does it say why he moved and it implies he was renting the house as Pearl says something along the lines of 'they've refused you too' which seems to imply it was a rented property. I always imagined he owned his own house. Just wondering!
I'm not sure what reason they gave for the move other than a vague rehousing, but what really happened was that the person who lived in the house in between Howard's and Cleggy's house got sticky about the arrangements and anyway it was difficult to squeeze the cameras in, so they had to find other houses and it was really a blessing in disguise as it was a better deal all around. In addition, they got a lot of mileage out of the windows on the second floor, and there were some good scenes involving the hill below.

Back