Access the New Forum

Got in after I made a cock up didn't read email properly isn't very brown a diffrrent colour would be nice.

Got in after I made a cock up didn't read email properly isn't very brown a diffrrent colour would be nice.

Chris there are some other themes you may like which you can choose from the drop down box at the very top left of the default theme page, on other pages they are bottom left

Chris there are some other themes you may like which you can choose from the drop down box at the very top left of the default theme page, on other pages they are bottom left
And when you go into the UserCP (User Control Panel) you can select a theme of your choice permanently if you wish (under the heading "Edit Options" ). :)

Really, given the paucity of real posts here, I cannot imagine
what you hope this will accomplish.

Being of a slightly mischievous bent, I am intrigued by what you mean by 'real posts'.

I do like the word, 'paucity'. I am sure Seymour would have used it but am not sure about Foggy. Truly, maybe yes.

Big Unc, you mischievously bent!? Don't tell me that is true!? I won't believe it. :eek:

PLEASE .. when you actually shift over to the new forum, PLEASE
let us know so we can try to follow you. THEN let us know that
we should do.

Many of us just do not want to play at software jungle with y'all.
Many of us did that for yonks in the real world and are tired of the games.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!!!!!

I second this statement. Do you know that at one point, technology was suppposed to make things EASIER for people? Looking back at the last decade or so, this idea seemed to have backfired!

I need different passwords for eveything nowadays, and I am always supposed to be changing them, and having different passwords for each thing. I, for one, can't keep up.

Like you, Chuck, I will just wait for the change over and see if I can get in.

However, I am forever grateful for Terry for running this whole operation for all of us. If this change is for security reasons (hackers, etc.), it is just a sad sign of the way things are today.

I logged in over there today but I'm not really sure where we are still posting. The posts over there seem old and not up to date based on the dates on them, but I suppose that could be an issue with the software? I'm also confused about how the actual transfer will work - will the link I have for this site automatically send me to the new board at some point? Or will I have to save a new link?

Anyway, thanks for all the work.

I logged in over there today but I'm not really sure where we are still posting. The posts over there seem old and not up to date based on the dates on them, but I suppose that could be an issue with the software? I'm also confused about how the actual transfer will work - will the link I have for this site automatically send me to the new board at some point? Or will I have to save a new link?

Anyway, thanks for all the work.
I imported all the messages/posts last Wednesday, but the main idea was just to enable all the members to gain access and sort the password issues out before the new forums go live at the beginning of next month. The morning it does go live I will make sure all the messages ARE up to date.

I see people are still having the password problem. I will post a walkthrough after I've had some coffee and had time to wake up.

Hi Tony, I am up before the chickens today...trouble sleeping. The first two times I requested a password the e-mail never came, but the third time I requested it, it took several hours but it did finally come. After that it was smooth sailing..

I noticed that we can edit and delete in the "chatterbox". I do appreciate that. I am always editing... I also just like the format of the forum; it just seems easier to follow.

I appreciate all you and Terry do. Great job!! :respect: :respect:

Those who of us who are reluctant to change will be pleasantly surprised I believe. :)

PLEASE .. when you actually shift over to the new forum, PLEASE
let us know so we can try to follow you. THEN let us know that
we should do.
Well, for somebody who quoted to my face:
Having worked first as a programmer, then as a web designer and developer,
since some time in the late 60's,
I can't possibly see why you're so worried, thought you'd instinctively understand the procedures!

Hi Tony, I am up before the chickens today...trouble sleeping. The first two times I requested a password the e-mail never came, but the third time I requested it, it took several hours but it did finally come. After that it was smooth sailing..

I noticed that we can edit and delete in the "chatterbox". I do appreciate that. I am always editing... I also just like the format of the forum; it just seems easier to follow.

I appreciate all you and Terry do. Great job!! :respect: :respect:

Those who of us who are reluctant to change will be pleasantly surprised I believe. :)
Thank you so much for the appreciation, and sorry about the (ongoing) password problems.

I totally don't agree with the crazy changes. There was no need for this. I am not going to bother. Things were fine the way they were.

I think I will be up all night. It is 3:18am now. Watching the Olympics again. haha Not a wink of sleep for me. Will be in bed early tonight.

Sounds like you are in that part of Indiana which is EST, 5 hours behind GMT. And when you say 'tonight', do you mean Saturday or Sunday?

Back