Access the New Forum

So, who is Tony? Is he Cornishman? I am just picking up pieces as I read along this thread.
Hello, I show up as "cornishman" on the forum here, but my real name is Tony. You can call me whichever you please :D (within reason :me: )

p.s. and just to clear up any further misunderstandings, before I retired I was a "php", "HTML" and "perl" programmer, that's why Terry is using my services and support.

OK, nice to meet you Tony. No need to explain your credentials. I assumed you know what you are doing!

When I go to the page where you put in your email and click the Request username/password now button, it sends me to a page with this message:

You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator.

You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator.
You will get this message when the email address you enter is not the one you originally registered with here, on these forums.
I have sent you a Private Message

The new forum says how many are visiting it. It also announces "web crawlers" What are they and should you/we be worried?? ???

The new forum says how many are visiting it. It also announces "web crawlers" What are they and should you/we be worried?? ???

This is my chance to show how cleaver I am ......... I know this.......... ;D ;D ;D
Their also called spiders and they collect info for Google and Bing and the likes.

See I'm cleave!! ;) ;)

ask Pear, I explained all to her :D
Short answer, they should be there, we need them so we can be found..... cryptic?
No need for anyone to be worried.

hey guys, can I just ask questions here or do I have to find the correct thread? I am curious about all things English or should I say British. Tell meme . . What is an airing cupboard?

An airing cupboard is a small cupboard usually on the landing with the boiler in, its very warm in there so clothes are usually put in there before ironing so there well aired. Hope that helps :)

Thank you Susan, now it makes sense hearing that the boiler is in there. In one of Rebecca Shaw's village books she has a lady vicar put her jumpers in there to dry. I wondered why and how. Thx.

Back