Where are u all from

I am from sunny Huddersfield, literally 10 minutes from Holmfirth, maybe even less. I love the scenery I live amongst, never get tired of it.

I am from sunny Huddersfield, literally 10 minutes from Holmfirth, maybe even less. I love the scenery I live amongst, never get tired of it.

I know the trio did a lot of roaming outside Holmfirth in the countryside. was any of the filming of the rolling hills and the views in the Hudderfield area?

I know the trio did a lot of roaming outside Holmfirth in the countryside. was any of the filming of the rolling hills and the views in the Hudderfield area?

If you look at the map section on the main website,you can see what area's of Huddersfield they used for filming

I didn't know you could purchase Diet Whiskey....
;D I SEE YOUR JOKE BUT TO BE SERIOUS FOR A SEC, SOME TIME AGO WE ALSO FOUND THAT THEY WERE ATTEMPTING A NON-ALCOHOLIC WHISKEY :eek: SACRILEGE WAS THE CRY !!:eek:

My My I never heard of that. If that shoule happen it would have the Scots running in the streets. Mind you they do have non alcholic beer in the markets around the world so you never know.................

I was born in Bradford, but now live in Fife. I do visit my Cousin in Bradford occasionally. We went and had a pint in the White Horse. Unfortunately they didn't do meals then. Don't know if they do now.
Geoff :)

I was born in Bradford, but now live in Fife. I do visit my Cousin in Bradford occasionally. We went and had a pint in the White Horse. Unfortunately they didn't do meals then. Don't know if they do now.
Geoff :)

More Bill Owen than Keith Clifford I originate from a wee village, Whyteleafe, in the Caterham Valley. Whilst Greater London continues to encroach Whyteleafe does just still enjoy the status of being in Surrey.

It was Flanders and Swann who said something along the lines that the suburbs and boroughs of London were getting so intertwined that they were going to put them all together and call them Brighton.

But like you, Geoff, now in the Kingdom of Fife, in Scotland's ancient capital, Dunfermline.

I live in the new kingdom of Buckinghamshire we are aiming for home rule but it might take time as a certain person has a similar job going on north of the border and cant come down to help yet.Origonaly I came from Essex a fine county edging onto the east side of London it has some fine countryside and interesting towns and a very good cricket club.

I am across the pond in the Washington DC suburbs. When I finally achieve my goal in visiting Yorkshire I am thinking of letting the forum members here know. Maybe I could meet a few of you local members at the White Horse.

I am not much of a beer drinker, although I am fond of New Castle Brown Ale.

I too, am from across the Pond in the Washington, DC suburbs. But I feel a really great affinity towards Yorkshire as my ancestors may have come from Leeds. And If I am ever in that neck of the woods, I just might let forum members know.

I am across the pond in the Washington DC suburbs. When I finally achieve my goal in visiting Yorkshire I am thinking of letting the forum members here know. Maybe I could meet a few of you local members at the White Horse.

I am not much of a beer drinker, although I am fond of New Castle Brown Ale.

I too, am from across the Pond in the Washington, DC suburbs. But I feel a really great affinity towards Yorkshire as my ancestors may have come from Leeds. And If I am ever in that neck of the woods, I just might let forum members know.

Never been to DC been to Lots of other us cities
Boston
Pheonix
San Francisco
San Diego
New York

But never been to Washington'Always been a city i have wanted to visit along with
Chicago.Maybe one day.

I am from the island of Malta. Better known as the island of Sunshine but not these past few days as we had a lot of rain..

I live in Farnham, Surrey, England. A town about the same size as Holmfirth, with it's own castle. I have lived here all of my life. Robert Fyfe once told me he lived here for some years, he was connected to the Redgrave Theatre, since closed down.

Reading throught the list of places in this country I was amazed at how many of them we have visited over ther years,

I live in a village just outside Neath in south Wales. I think the village is only about 450-500 years old, but the town has been used for at least 2,000 years. Theres Roman stuff all over the place. Honestly, a few years back every time someone dug up the gardens there would be another pot or coin. It was like living out an episode of Time Team. The valley itself has been inhabited forever. Theres evidence of Beaker people, stone age, Iron age, the lot. There are earthworks and cairns on top of the hill overlooking my village.

I'm from West Bromwich in the West Midlands near Birmingham, its ok but would love to live in a scenic part of the UK like Yorkshire

I'm from a town 22 miles north of Cardiff called Merthyr Tydfil. It was once the Iron capital of the World and if it had had a port it would have been the capital of Wales. But Cardiff had the port and the rest, as they say, is history.
Jane Freeman was born in Cefn Coed in Merthyr Tydfil and went to Vaynor and Penderyn School, frequently returning for Presentation evenings.

Back