Where are u all from

I'm originally from the Rossendale valley in Lancashire, which is about 35 miles from Holmfirth.
I did visit a couple of times in the 80's but never had the time or chance to visit since.
I moved to Anglesey in North Wales in 1988, then to a little village called Y Felinheli (port dinorwic), which is between Bangor and Caernarfon in 1999 and still there now.

G ; )

Tell us what is it like, Little Al. It sounds like somewhere from The Flying Doctors or Crocodile Dundee.

Wollongong, that sounds quite cute to me, cosy and soft somehow :D. Hm, but it also reminds me of my father´s first name, Wolfgang.

Wollongong, has a large steelworks, 2 harbours, one for a local fishing fleet and private boats, and a larger one called Port Kembla, which is used by the steelworks and coal and grain exports, also a major car import area.
Other than that it is a popular tourist area, with many beaches, rainforest areas, fishing spots and activities for young and not so young.
As for warm and cosy, yesterday was 41C or 105 F.

Lived there since 1971, travel upto Sydney each day for my job, spend spare time riding my motorcycle around the local area, we have some of the best motorcycling roads in NSW close by, very easy to clock up 600km/375 miles in a days ride.

Been in beautiful Cornwall for the past twenty six years. Originally from Cork, in the glorious republic :D

Tallahassee, Florida now, originally from near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Too hot here, like the North Carolina area much better.

Hope you are not near the " wildfires"? :-\
Closest big fire is about 1 hour south of here, could take a week or more to put out. We have been cut off from the outside world here a couple of times by fires, as all the roads out of the area travel through heavily wooded areas, but that is unusal, normally 1 or 2 roads are unaffected.

Wollongong, has a large steelworks, 2 harbours, one for a local fishing fleet and private boats, and a larger one called Port Kembla, which is used by the steelworks and coal and grain exports, also a major car import area.
Other than that it is a popular tourist area, with many beaches, rainforest areas, fishing spots and activities for young and not so young.
As for warm and cosy, yesterday was 41C or 105 F.

Lived there since 1971, travel upto Sydney each day for my job, spend spare time riding my motorcycle around the local area, we have some of the best motorcycling roads in NSW close by, very easy to clock up 600km/375 miles in a days ride.

We are in the US, but some of the same stations that provide Summer Wine, offer educational kid's wildlife programs. My 5 year old knows a lot about Australian wildlife. He tells us that platypuses are specifically in the Queensland territory and that Australia is the home of "Wedge-tailed Eagles. He even made Australia wildlife paintings with mother and baby kangaroos and wedge-tailed eagles flying around.

Hope you are not near the " wildfires"? :-\
Closest big fire is about 1 hour south of here, could take a week or more to put out. We have been cut off from the outside world here a couple of times by fires, as all the roads out of the area travel through heavily wooded areas, but that is unusal, normally 1 or 2 roads are unaffected.

Well you stay safe, Little Al.

I am across the pond in the Washington DC suburbs. When I finally achieve my goal in visiting Yorkshire I am thinking of letting the forum members here know. Maybe I could meet a few of you local members at the White Horse.

I am not much of a beer drinker, although I am fond of New Castle Brown Ale.

I too, am from across the Pond in the Washington, DC suburbs. But I feel a really great affinity towards Yorkshire as my ancestors may have come from Leeds. And If I am ever in that neck of the woods, I just might let forum members know.

Never been to DC been to Lots of other us cities
Boston
Pheonix
San Francisco
San Diego
New York

But never been to Washington'Always been a city i have wanted to visit along with
Chicago.Maybe one day.

Washington is a very nice city to visit as there are no skyscrapers and lots of free museums.

I feel as though I am on the other side of the galaxy! I'm on the west coast of the States. My feet are here, though my heart lives in England I believe. ::)

From Scarborough - The location for the boarding house episodes !! ;D

Back