50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend (26-28 May)

Sorry misread your message, thought you said you weren't sure about the drinks, must be my aged eyesight.

Wish I could be there, but I'm still rehabbing from surgery to reattach a couple of torn muscles, and won't be ready to travel by then. I'll be thinking of all of you, and looking forward to reports, photos and videos.
im the same not able to make it as i'm well, on the outer side of the planet but I will try to do something hear in nz to celebrate.
make sure to that as may photo's and videos as you can, and at 100 years I will go

I am really envious of you lucky people. I, sadly, am medically unable to travel the kind of distances needed, but my heart and thoughts will most definitely be with you and wish you all a perfect weekend.
I reckon if we open a genuine Pasty on site shop, Tony will be there

Great news, I have persuaded Laura (owner of Sids) to get replacements of the cardboard 'busts' of Compo & Ivy that were once on display in The Cafe & were retired from use due to their condition. The new ones should be back in their rightful setting by the time of the 50th celebrations.

Attachments

• WP_20151028_11_53_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151028_11_53_58_Pro.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 11
Great news, I have persuaded Laura (owner of Sids) to get replacements of the cardboard 'busts' of Compo & Ivy that were once on display in The Cafe & were retired from use due to their condition. The new ones should be back in their rightful setting by the time of the 50th celebrations.
Well done Graham, can you not use the old ones as virtual passengers in the Herald??

I'm happy to say that the first of our events is now on sale – Crusher Returns: An Audience With Jonathan Linsley is on at 6:30pm at The Civic Holmfirth on Saturday 27th May.

Tickets HERE

We'll be announcing three other events that require tickets as and when we are able to confirm final timings over the coming weeks. None of the ticketed events clash with each other.

As it's my Birthday on the 30th May, I quietly suggested to family that a good birthday present would be a trip to Holmfirth for that weekend.
Given that I would travel 1st class and hire a luxury car and stay in 5 star accomodation I suggested a modest $30000 budget would suffice!
Split between 4 family members, that would be less than $8000 each.!

All I got was abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!:13:o_O:20::13::13:

As it's my Birthday on the 30th May, I quietly suggested to family that a good birthday present would be a trip to Holmfirth for that weekend.
Given that I would travel 1st class and hire a luxury car and stay in 5 star accomodation I suggested a modest $30000 budget would suffice!

You should start a crowdfunding page Brian, sounds a perfectly just cause!

If you went cabin class on a boat you should be here in time Brian, you can rent an old transit van in Huddersfield, buy a cheap mattress for the back of the van for accommodation, Barry would let you park on his land for just a few bob a night, you would probably be able to cover all your cost for under £500

If you went cabin class on a boat you should be here in time Brian, you can rent an old transit van in Huddersfield, buy a cheap mattress for the back of the van for accommodation, Barry would let you park on his land for just a few bob a night, you would probably be able to cover all your cost for under £500
Too late, I've already promised @Roger the space to park his Austin A152 van on it.

Tickets to our second event are now available via this LINK
GettingSamHome1.jpg

GALA SCREENING:
GETTING SAM HOME (THE 1983 LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE TV MOVIE)​

SUNDAY 28th May, 6:30pm
The Civic Holmfirth​

When their desperately ill friend Sam makes one last request of the trio, Compo (Bill Owen), Clegg (Peter Sallis), and Foggy (Brian Wilde) concoct a scheme that will allow him to spend one last night of passion with his "other woman", Lilly Bless'er. Unfortunately, Sam has a little more fun than they'd bargained for and then the race is on to get him home and convince his wife that he has died in his own bed.

This special charity gala screening celebrates both the fiftieth anniversary of Last of the Summer Wine and the fortieth anniversary of Getting Sam Home's television premiere and is planned to showcase a newly restored copy of the movie transferred in High Definition from the original film masters.

Written by Roy Clarke, directed by Alan J W Bell and guest starring Lynda Baron (Open All Hours), Getting Sam Home made British comedy history as the first sitcom to receive the television movie treatment. Based on Roy Clarke's darkly comic 1974 novel, the film does away with a live audience and videotaped studio scenes in order to create a much more filmic experience akin to the movie spin-offs of the likes of Steptoe and Son, Dad's Army, and others that made their way to cinemas in the 1960s and '70s. A great success, it was followed by two further Summer Wine features and encouraged the BBC to offer sitcoms like Only Fools and Horses and One Foot in the Grave similar treatment.

With special thanks to BBC York and Roy Clarke.

Tickets to this event are FREE, but must be reserved in advance. On the evening, donations will be collected in support of Children In Need.

NOTE: Presentation of an HD restoration is subject to scheduling. In lieu of this being completed by the date of screening, a restored Standard Definition copy will be substituted.

Back