Coastal Resort

A friend of mine lived in Newhaven. That was a lovely beach. Bit of a walk to it, but I thought the fort on the headland there was great.

We are taking a few days in September at sunny Hunstanton , not been for a few years, has it changed much?? We took advantage of an offer in the D/MAIL and chose a caravan park (we picked 3 along that coast , furthest away was nr Lowestoft) and were allocated to Hunstanton because of vacancies there! Looking forward to having some time away so dont mind where really. :D (Hope it's not like "All mod conned ;))

We are taking a few days in September at sunny Hunstanton , not been for a few years, has it changed much?? We took advantage of an offer in the D/MAIL and chose a caravan park (we picked 3 along that coast , furthest away was nr Lowestoft) and were allocated to Hunstanton because of vacancies there! Looking forward to having some time away so dont mind where really. :D (Hope it's not like "All mod conned ;))

Spent around 6 days in a lovely converted railway coach just along the road in Heacham, I would imagine in the holidays the whole area could be busy,we had lots of trips out in the car and found plenty to do and looked around where they filmed Kingdom

We once had friends at Heacham , Unfortunately we lost touch years and years ago :-\ They were always going on about how nice it was but due to one thing and another we never made it! :-[

Used to holiday every year at Barry island in South Wales at the Butlins Holiday camp i used to love it when i was a kid.In later years i just take day trips to coastal resorts another nice one down here in Kent is Whitstible and also Broardstairs.I'm not sure that the camp in Barry is still there or not.The last coastal resort i went to overseas was Stradbroke Island in Australia,Never been so hot in all my life.I have been to St petersburg beach in Florida that was very nice'The worst was Bondi Beach in Sydney.

Barry no longer has the camp. It's been re-developed. It's quite a dead place now.

I also live five minutes from the sea, the view from my window is the Menai straights, that separates Anglesey from the mainland, where i live.
As a kid, we used to have our annual holidays at either Ocean Edge caravan park in Heysham, Morecambe, or at a caravan park in Rhyl, North Wales, although that was way back in the 60's.
My teenage years were mostly spent camping in the Lake district, Buttermere mainly.
We once spent what was supposed to be a week at a caravan site in Newquay, back in the late 70's but it was a dump (the site, not Newquay), so we came home after five days...when the caravan door fell off!

G ; )

I also live five minutes from the sea, the view from my window is the Menai straights, that separates Anglesey from the mainland, where i live.
As a kid, we used to have our annual holidays at either Ocean Edge caravan park in Heysham, Morecambe, or at a caravan park in Rhyl, North Wales, although that was way back in the 60's.
My teenage years were mostly spent camping in the Lake district, Buttermere mainly.
We once spent what was supposed to be a week at a caravan site in Newquay, back in the late 70's but it was a dump (the site, not Newquay), so we came home after five days...when the caravan door fell off!

G ; )
SHADES OF ALL MOD CONNED ;D

it is my Son's favoure place to holiday

I live near Southend but would have to say my favourite seaside town is Cromer,although Great Yarmouth isnt bad either

I live near Southend but would have to say my favourite seaside town is Cromer,although Great Yarmouth isnt bad either
We went up and down that coast several years ago but have to say we preferred CROMER/SHERINGHAM to YARMOUTH ;) We were based in Wells next the sea with friends.

Back