COVID Vaccine.

Worrying trend of the sheer numbers of people isolating after being pinged by Track and Trace to the extent that some businesses are having to close because there are not enough staff left to run them so we need a better method of combating these outbreaks part of living with it long term as we all accept its here to stay . It could be as simple as take a test daily if pinged and if negative then go to work rather than blanket isolate for 10 days. I know we have the incubation period and also the asymptomatic characteristic some people experience but we cannot spend the rest of our lives in multiple periods of isolation.
With so many highly competent research labs still focused on COVID-19, in the near future I expect to see an affordable, highly-accurate test that returns results within about 15 minutes showing whether or not even a few of the viruses are present. That could exclude only virus carriers from indoor spaces. If excluded — mask up, stay outside where there's plenty of air circulation, and keep your distance.

I also expect further vaccine development to make the vaccines even more effective. As of this year, we've had two and a quarter centuries of experience in vaccine development, starting with Edward Jenner, so we now know how to do this, and how to do it quickly. Perhaps one day in the foreseeable future, the last surviving sample of a COVID-19 virus will be locked away in a highly secure archive, along with the existing archive sample of the virus causing smallpox.

With so many highly competent research labs still focused on COVID-19, in the near future I expect to see an affordable, highly-accurate test that returns results within about 15 minutes showing whether or not even a few of the viruses are present. That could exclude only virus carriers from indoor spaces. If excluded — mask up, stay outside where there's plenty of air circulation, and keep your distance.

I also expect further vaccine development to make the vaccines even more effective. As of this year, we've had two and a quarter centuries of experience in vaccine development, starting with Edward Jenner, so we now know how to do this, and how to do it quickly. Perhaps one day in the foreseeable future, the last surviving sample of a COVID-19 virus will be locked away in a highly secure archive, along with the existing archive sample of the virus causing smallpox.

AFAIK it's viral load that equates to infectiousness, so detecting small amounts of the virus in a person may be the wrong thing to do. I was under the impression that PCR false positives are at least partly due to detecting too small amounts of the virus.

AFAIK it's viral load that equates to infectiousness, so detecting small amounts of the virus in a person may be the wrong thing to do. I was under the impression that PCR false positives are at least partly due to detecting too small amounts of the virus.
I always favor erring on the side of caution, particularly in this case given the high variability in the strength of individual immune systems.

Boris thinks that we should learn to live with the virus..... LIVE? ....
Is he joking? About 6 million people have failed to do that this last 18 months. Go whistle up your backside Boris. Sadly, many more will die needlessly of this dreaded disease. He thinks that two fingers can be displayed to this pandemic. I think that maybe such a signal would be more effective well displayed in his direction. Common sense must prevail. Take care my friends. Practice social distancing and wear a mask......Peri.
He has advisers and"experts" who have had him this way and that all through this. Poor sod must be dizzy.!:13:Not to get too political would any one else be able to do it different ??

He has advisers and"experts" who have had him this way and that all through this. Poor sod must be dizzy.!:13:Not to get too political would any one else be able to do it different ??
True Dick, true. However, my mail isn't political. It is strictly medical. I hope that he has got things right, I voted for him.:fp:

True Dick, true. However, my mail isn't political. It is strictly medical. I hope that he has got things right, I voted for him.:fp:
ME too But I have been locked -down through it all. I am still being monitored by the local authority as being Extremely Clinically Vulnerable. Help is available if I need it etc.Even though so called restriction are supposed to have been relaxed last month.:08:

Just remember you're not immune if you've had both jabs, my mate who's fully jabbed has got Covid and is suffering with they symptoms, he had 3 lateral flow tests all come back negative first, but it was only when he had a PCR it was confirmed. As I was out with him watching the football last week, I'm having to self isolate and waiting on my PCR result....

Just remember you're not immune if you've had both jabs, my mate who's fully jabbed has got Covid and is suffering with they symptoms, he had 3 lateral flow tests all come back negative first, but it was only when he had a PCR it was confirmed. As I was out with him watching the football last week, I'm having to self isolate and waiting on my PCR result....
Have you got your result yet Barry?

A lighter moment from Covid crisis . Whilst Scotland will continue out of lockdown because of the tradition for people to spit on the Heart of Midlothian monument it will remain at Covid Alert level 5 for the next 200 years.

heart.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever next !! Incentives to be offered for those "poor little babas" or young people as they are referred to in the Press to encourage them to have the jab as the big stick approach is failing, so free Uber taxi rides or free slices of Pizza if they take up the jab. To even it up then when we "old uns/blue rinse brigade " or Senior Citizens as we are referred to in the Press have to have a Booster in Autumn then will we be offered a free sweet sherry in Wetherspoons or a free toasted teacake with butter [jam is extra] in M & S .

Back