Didn't know Barry could play

lol NO..... I've noticed that too, trust me it not an English delicacy. I think it was meant to be beans but someone must have opened the wrong tin. :D

The scene where the ladies were in kitchen talking about customers. Ivy served peas with eggs. Is that normal there?

And how plastic they both looked!!:39: Mind you a possible delicacy was Chips ,eggs and peas. At least it was, local to my area! :22:

Is it not very much the case that in quite a few cafés with quite a few dishes 'peas or baked beans' is offered as an alternative.

Not with egg !!

I presume that, going right back to original query, the eggs in question were fried eggs.

I do concur that fried eggs and peas would be unusual. But so in a way would be fried eggs on their own with beans. Much more likely would be fried eggs and chips along with which one could have either beans or peas. (Have we made clear that here we are talking about the UK version of baked beans?) Maybe an aside would be that beans are more likely at breakfast and peas become likelier at lunch time.

I have been thinking about how the eggs are cooked. I still think eggs and peas or beans only is unusual. Fried eggs and beans might be served as a child's meal. The only accompaniment to boiled eggs would be toast. I suggest likewise for poached eggs unless served as part of a full breakfast with all the works. I would be quite happy with either beans or peas with scrambled egg. And quite categorically I am much more likely to have peas with an omelette than beans.

This is all making me a bit hungry. :16: :16: :16:

I presume that, going right back to original query, the eggs in question were fried eggs.

I do concur that fried eggs and peas would be unusual. But so in a way would be fried eggs on their own with beans. Much more likely would be fried eggs and chips along with which one could have either beans or peas. (Have we made clear that here we are talking about the UK version of baked beans?) Maybe an aside would be that beans are more likely at breakfast and peas become likelier at lunch time.

I have been thinking about how the eggs are cooked. I still think eggs and peas or beans only is unusual. Fried eggs and beans might be served as a child's meal. The only accompaniment to boiled eggs would be toast. I suggest likewise for poached eggs unless served as part of a full breakfast with all the works. I would be quite happy with either beans or peas with scrambled egg. And quite categorically I am much more likely to have peas with an omelette than beans.

This is all making me a bit hungry. :16: :16: :16:

You must have a had a sheltered life Unc ,egg and beans on toast was a staple in our house. Now you've got me hungry :hungry::hungry:

You must have a had a sheltered life Unc ,egg and beans on toast was a staple in our house. Now you've got me hungry :hungry::hungry:

We were poor. We could only afford beans on toast or eggs on toast. :'( :'( :'( :'(

And how plastic they both looked!!:39: Mind you a possible delicacy was Chips ,eggs and peas. At least it was, local to my area! :22:

Well thats the other side of the East Mids for ya! :me::me::me::me:

Didnt know Barry could play

When i was a kid we used to play a game called Cannon where you had two teams who took it in turns to throw, from a set distance , a tennis ball at an empty can with lolly ticks placed on top of it if you knocked it down you had to run away and then make your way back to put the can and sticks back without the opposition hitting you with the ball [lots of other rules/actions I won't bore you further with] .

Luckily we had one mate who loved baked beans on toast and we used to cajole him to go in and have them for dinner , and sometimes tea, so we could get an empty can for the game especially as we used to get chased by mothers and sometimes angry dads when we tipped out their bin in the bin cupboard looking for an empty can . Happy Days

Chips eggs peas yes please,or sausage chips peas eggs and peas, just as I like a drop of vinegar on my bacon in a sandwich f course adds a nice tang to it.Of course beans on toast with an egg is a favourite but I have never been fond of poached eggs .

Chips eggs peas yes please,or sausage chips peas eggs and peas, just as I like a drop of vinegar on my bacon in a sandwich f course adds a nice tang to it.Of course beans on toast with an egg is a favourite but I have never been fond of poached eggs .

Nor me neither Chris, I do like a splash of vinegar on boiled egg sarnies though!!:p

Very nice. Very unhealthy but very nice!

Back