DVD Release of Unseen Series 31

I hope that when the whole series has finally been completed they bring it out on those DeAgostini monthly things where you buy a magazine with a dvd every month.

what a brilliant idea, maybe we should all write to DeAgostini to suggest it

Thank you for the DVD info. I know that some news papers gave away some copies free at one point, my dad had one so you never know :) Also the first episode was on G.O.L.D recently my dad taped it he said it just appeared on his Sky box !? But his memory is going fast now so who knows. He has put it on tape (Yes he still uses VHS tapes)and after it he put the very last one, he said its amazing to see the 2 together. :)

Thank you for the DVD info. I know that some news papers gave away some copies free at one point, my dad had one so you never know :) Also the first episode was on G.O.L.D recently my dad taped it he said it just appeared on his Sky box !? But his memory is going fast now so who knows. He has put it on tape (Yes he still uses VHS tapes)and after it he put the very last one, he said its amazing to see the 2 together. :)

Although I have the discs,I still like to record on vhs.I still trust video more than dvd.

[/quote]

Although I have the discs,I still like to record on vhs.I still trust video more than dvd.
[/quote]

:) You sound like my dad, and I mean that in a very nice way. :)

Now I am just about 70, but I very much prefer to
download UK shows from thebox.bz, then burn them
to DVDs for keeping. Often though I copy the AVI files
to a memory stick which will play on my Pioneer DVD
player. I watch almost nothing on TV here in the US,
certainly nothing I would want to keep.

[/quote]

:) You sound like my dad, and I mean that in a very nice way. :)
[/quote]

Thank you.I take that as a huge compliment :)

As far as Series 31, the last season of LOSW, it has been on TV here in the US at least 3 times in my area. I recorded it (on DVD) and as there were no "specials" this round, I'm not missing anything. I've been watching the series once a week and am just now getting to the last season to watch.

As for VHS vs. DVD recording, when I first started recording on DVD 7 years ago, I would back up my DVD recordings with a VHS recording (if I was recording a show from a TV broadcast). But I soon realized this was a terrible waste and unnecessary, my discs worked just fine and there was no need to back it up with VHS.

As for Dad's, for some reason my Dad only wanted to watch shows/movies if they were on VHS, he had some bugaboo I still can not explain why against DVDs. To the point if I brought a movie over to him to show on DVD he wouldn't want to watch it! "Put it away!" He got used to VHS (just barely) but never even tried to get used to DVD. He still couldn't figure out NOT to rewind a tape after the first episode of a TV show, no matter how many times I told him there are 6 hour TV shows on that one tape so don't rewind it till you've seen all 6 shows, invariably he'd rewind it after the first or 2nd show. Then he'd tell me he's seen the same show over and over and wanted more episodes, never having played the tape thru! It was very frustrating, but what the hey, it gives me something to talk about.

Your dad sounds like mine ;D, I remember him saying" We ll have no videos in this house!" Then my mam put her foot down and made him buy one, a few months later they had 3 video recorders which was hilarious because they only had 2 TVs. ;D Don't get my started on digital TV and mobile phones :'(

Back