Extra Extra

G

gill

I saw that Extra Extra was on Gold today. I did not watch it as I think it is a poor episde, it does not seem to go anywhere and for me there are to many non regular's in it. I know we have touched on this before but do any other member's like this one or not.

So so episode Gill but I still watched it again this afternoon. There are one or two good lines in it especially from Compo.

Agree not an episode I enjoyed and I was not allowed to watch it anyway as someone else wanted to watch a recorded show ,but to many other non people in it and a very thin story line .Never understood why it was written did the beeb want a Hollywood star like they often do and we end up with rubbish to watch.

I saw that Extra Extra was on Gold today. I did not watch it as I think it is a poor episde, it does not seem to go anywhere and for me there are to many non regular's in it. I know we have touched on this before but do any other member's like this one or not.
Agree with every word of that Gill,watched it today but turned off before the end,can't remember doing that for any other single episode.PS I'm off tomorrow and going for a cuppa in Ivy's café and a walk round town :)

Hi Pete. Hope you have a lovely time in Holmfirth, hope you have a dry day.

A couple of good one liners in it Gill but as others have said , a merely so- so episode. Overlong in places and not as good as other specials. :(

Hi Pete. Hope you have a lovely time in Holmfirth, hope you have a dry day.
Thanks Gill,forecast a dry day.Want to take some twilight or night photos of the Christmas lights if its not too cold to stay there till it gets dark,if I manage to take some I'll put them up at Christmas,the Old Bridge is done up lovely,I'v got a "Then and Now" photo of Daisy Lane bookshop just for you x

I agree with most of what has been said already. Not one of my favorite episodes with the film company in town. I did like the part where the guys are asked if they have seen a dead man on a bicycle. To which Compo replies What make of bicycle? I may not have quoted that word for word.

Cheers,
Rick

It has its moments, but it can't seem to decide whether its a comedy or a wanna-be Broadway musical.

It has its moments has said but its not one I'd seek out to watch unlike Dream Acres which I try to avoid.

It starts of so promisingly.

There was a lot of potential in this plot, the trio making a film! But it just didn't go anywhere.

I've mentioned this before, but my favourite bit in the whole programme is near the start when Clegg is asked for directions. Classic Clegg.

But apart from that it's a very disappointing episode.

Lord I remember when I used to love that pub. Now it's just
a smarmy tea room. Why do they do these things??

Just curious Chuck,

For how long have you been frequenting Holmfirth and the surrounding areas? I am fearing things might change too much by the time I get over there!

Hey, it has been a while since I chatted with you. Hope things are well.

On the Christmas episode theme watched Merry Entwhistle and Jackson day today. It is an enjoyable episode, it was great to see Stephen Lewis as Smiler playing Father Christmas.

Just curious Chuck,
For how long have you been frequenting Holmfirth

Not sure when was the first trip over. We fly direct from here (RDU)
first into Gatwick and later into Heathrow. First trip I think we
stayed in the South. On a later trip we found our way up to Yorkshire
in 2007. at least as described on my wife's web page:

http://myplace.frontier.com/~nciaffone/yorkshire07/holmfirth07.htm

But I cannot remember when the very first trip was. I'll try to remember
to ask her.

chuck

Hi CW. This episode to me just does not feel right. I'm not keen on this one.

Wife sez:

First trip over was in 1995. We stayed in London, Avebury, Nottingham, Dalton,
and Hawes at least, and drove straight back to London to catch a plane
home.

My son and daughter-in-law love Summer Wine too. They wanted to see Extra, Extra because of George Chakiris. After watching my DVD, his only comment was, "They seem to do better with the 1/2 hour format."

I've found that even the episodes that don't appeal to me very much, have some scenes I enjoy, so I still watch them occasionally - just not as often as the ones I like. I didn't care for A Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree so seldom watched it until I realized it has the scenes where Nora and Ivy plan to get back at Compo and lure him into the kitchen to 'de-pants' him. So now I look for a good scene in every episode instead of focusing on what I don't like.

Back