Favorite Tipple

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
What is your favorite tipple even if only occasionally? I have to say I'm very unsophisticated and I don't really drink spirits or cocktails. I probably would choose a nice ice cold lager or a dry white wine.

I know there are a few teetotals amongst us, so what would your non-alcoholic equivalent be an alcohol free beer or gin perhaps a soft drink or even a mocktail?

When I'm staying at an HF Holidays Country House Hotel I'll have a Fever Tree tonic water with ice and lemon, mostly to appear as though I have a drink in my hand while socializing with other guests.

I gave up alcohol decades ago because I wanted to buy a good pair of running shoes and there was no leeway in my budget. Then I just lost the habit.

Up to a few months ago I'd been T total for 35 years. And then started to have a couple of small Jack Daniels and Apple juice. Didn't want to get drunk or anything but just to feel that warm whoosh you get from a JD. Very nice.
I won't make it a big thing but I thought I'm getting older so damn it why not? :cool:
That's one I've not heard of apple juice with JD, guess it must taste very nice, do you have it with ice?

My buddy Fiona said it was nice sooooooooo.......and it is.
I've been told it's actually a plus health wise to have a tiny bit of alcohol. Something to do with cardiovascular health or summat :cool:
Yes I've read that very moderate drinkers live slightly longer than those who never drink. I'm with the patient who asks his doctor if he gives up alcohol will he live longer? to which the doctor replies not it'll just seem longer :D

With the meds I am on I have to be careful, so I might have 2 x half a pint of bitter in a year, I have tried these zero alcohol but they seem to have a bland taste
Yeah I've tried a few alcohol free lagers and I think they taste disgusting. The alcohol free beers taste a bit better, Brewdog do a few nice ones. Also if you drink Guinness, the 0% version of that is really good, I find it indistinguishable from the real thing!

Yeah I've tried a few alcohol free lagers and I think they taste disgusting. The alcohol free beers taste a bit better, Brewdog do a few nice ones. Also if you drink Guinness, the 0% version of that is really good, I find it indistinguishable from the real thing!
When I gave up alcohol, drugs and smoking back in 1989 I was introduced to a alcohol free beer called Kaliber. I nearly threw up. It was absolutely disgusting and smelled and tasted of rotten butter beans. Absolutely vile. I stuck to fruit juices and coke cola after that. Talk about traumatised :36::36:

I just drink spirits, no beer , lager or cider and I change my drink every time . Favourite at the moment is Absolut Lime vodka with Orange , next week could be something else. Favourite cocktail is a violet martini which is three shots of different flavoured vodka , with parfait amour liqueur, violet syrup and a maraschino cherry. Big fan of Pernod but not many pubs have it.

What is your favorite tipple even if only occasionally? I have to say I'm very unsophisticated and I don't really drink spirits or cocktails. I probably would choose a nice ice cold lager or a dry white wine.

I know there are a few teetotals amongst us, so what would your non-alcoholic equivalent be an alcohol free beer or gin perhaps a soft drink or even a mocktail?
My favorite tipple is hot tea with cream and sugar. When I go to my favorite restaurant, they have a lovely pot of hot water and I make the first cup by pouring water over the teabag; then adding that teabag plus another one to the pot of water, -- then pouring successive cups of tea, this makes each cup slightly different.

I just drink spirits, no beer , lager or cider and I change my drink every time . Favourite at the moment is Absolut Lime vodka with Orange , next week could be something else. Favourite cocktail is a violet martini which is three shots of different flavoured vodka , with parfait amour liqueur, violet syrup and a maraschino cherry. Big fan of Pernod but not many pubs have it.
Why am I thinking of 'Renegade' by Thin Lizzy :cool:

I have tried these zero alcohol but they seem to have a bland

As Barry said have you tried 00 Guinness Terry , my friends say of all of the zero alcohol drinks on the market its the best and close to the original. As a spirit drinker I have absolutely no idea why they have come up with 00 spirits why would you pay something like £6-8 for a 00 G and T when you get pretty close to a G and T if you have a good tonic water over ice with lime or lemon slices .

Last edited:
Back