foggy's ties

Sorry Darrin, but I'm from the older generation that didn't get their feelings hurt every time someone blinked too hard at them. I have never seen such a generation that have to be coddled so much. Quite frankly, I'm fed up with all this politically correct junk. I think one of the reasons that the first 6-8 series are my favorites is because they aren't so much politically correct, along with other 60's and 70's british comedies for the same reason.
Tis is a case of us agreeing to disagee. :)

I should explain I haven't been on line for a while, owing to no internet connection, so I am hastily catching up with all the posts.

I assumed the letters in the words were crossed out because they spelt out the name of a forum member. I now realise thanks to re-reading Barmpot's (rather tactful) post there was in fact an e-mail about it concerning swear words.

I have only just read the e-mail, as my internet fault meant I couldn't receive e-mails.

While I'm saddened that everyday words can apparently be misconstrued to mean swear or taboo words, even though they are not - I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the forum for any offence caused.

I would also like to apologise personally to Terry if it seemed I was being judgemental in this matter - the fact of the matter is at the time I hadn't seen the recent e-mail; and that a clean word is not a swear word.

I should explain I haven't been on line for a while, owing to no internet connection, so I am hastily catching up with all the posts.

I assumed the letters in the words were crossed out because they spelt out the name of a forum member. I now realise thanks to re-reading Barmpot's (rather tactful) post there was in fact an e-mail about it concerning swear words.

I have only just read the e-mail, as my internet fault meant I couldn't receive e-mails.

While I'm saddened that everyday words can apparently be misconstrued to mean swear or taboo words, even though they are not - I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the forum for any offence caused.

I would also like to apologise personally to Terry if it seemed I was being judgemental in this matter - the fact of the matter is at the time I hadn't seen the recent e-mail; and that a clean word is not a swear word.

I am pleased that the reason for this is now clear,I am hoping one day that it can be fully explained why,and at this time not something that I can go into any further detail,thanks for being so understanding,Terry

well there we are, says it all about our beloved site, misunderstandings, disagreemants, whatever, resolved in a proper, polite manner :)

Speaking of ties, Compo wears a tie. It is almost the same color as his shirt and that ratty jacket and with the grainy film, it blends in so well that one can't really actually see it.

Back