Only When i Laugh.
Butterflies.
Never Mind the Quality, Feel the Width.
Shelley.
Sykes.
Maggie & Her.
Lucky Feller.
The Worker.

Would you consider Minder a comedy/drama/action? - First episode intro'ed by Arfur... :)
Would you consider Minder a comedy/drama/action? - First episode intro'ed by Arfur... :)
I used to watch Minder religiously when it was on, but in the post Terry era. I'd call it primarily a drama but with a comedy element. George Cole was a genius actor and he made it really funny in parts. I used to love his malapropisms such as "The world is your lobster" :p

I used to watch Minder religiously when it was on, but in the post Terry era. I'd call it primarily a drama but with a comedy element. George Cole was a genius actor and he made it really funny in parts. I used to love his malapropisms such as "The world is your lobster" :p
I agree with all you said...

I watched a few episodes today, took me back to the 80s watching it with my parents.. Loved it then, love it now, and it has aged pretty well I reckon.

This was another example of you cant always successfully replace a star from a show and have same success :)

YMMV

I reckon you still can’t beat Only Fools & Horses, especially up to the episode where they eventually became millionaires.
Watching it certainly makes me feel like I’m in the company old old friends.
You surprise me Ferret, to me they were at their very best in the early series with Grandad, He was certainly the funniest character in that series!

How about 'As Time Goes By', starring Geoffrey Palmer and Dame Judy Dench? There is no vulgarity, edginess or daft. It is a very pleasant, easy on the eyes and ears, light comedy, highly recommended at bedtime.
Many thanks Seymour I've heard several people recommend that, including our much missed absent friend Peripheral :(who mentioned it a few times. I'm going to try and find the boxset asap.

You surprise me Ferret, to me they were at their very best in the early series with Grandad, He was certainly the funniest character in that series!
I meant to say I only enjoyed it up to the millionaire episode. For me Jolly Boys Outing, To Hull and Back, The Frogs Legacy, Danger UXD, Chain Gang, Cash n Curry, Second Tine Around are up there with the best.

Many thanks Seymour I've heard several people recommend that, including our much missed absent friend Peripheral :(who mentioned it a few times. I'm going to try and find the boxset asap.
I forgot to mention, Our very own Barry Wilkinson appears in one episode as a herald, and Francis Cox again achieves perfection in her craft in the role of Mrs. Thrupp.

Back