Has anyone else seen this?

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
My Auntie just sent me this, I've never seen it before.
It has a list of all the episodes and some lovely pictures in it.

1966864_10204902601868139_8698376262436205534_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I have that one Pearl. A very good little book. As far as I can tell I dont think there is a lotsw book that I have not got. Unless someone out there knows different.

Last edited:
Have you just bought it? I was going to send you this one when I'd read it! I know I should have emailed you :-[

Story of my life at times!( just sold the last one , you should have been here last week etc ....sigh):( :(

Have had the book for years but it is buried somewhere. I found Vine's and Bell's books that much more authoritative.

Same here I bought mine in a shop in Llandudno also bought a book on Vera Lyn interesting shop full of reduced price booka.

Same here I bought mine in a shop in Llandudno also bought a book on Vera Lyn interesting shop full of reduced price booka.

I love shops like that, I could browse for ever in a shop like that. The Daisy Lane bookshop in Holmfirth is fantastic.

There's a bookshop in Matlock that I could spend a lottery win in . Called SCARTHIN books if any one is passing(actually more Cromford than Matlock )

Yes I have that one too.

Like Happyjack I think I have most SW books, although this one does overlap with Andrew Vine and ALana Bell books.

One thing I have noticed is that Bill Owen's autobiography and that of Peter Sallis give quite different views to the well documented clash between Michael Bates and Bill Owen on political approaches: The Andrew Vine book seems to corroborate better with Peter's account than Bills. Could be however that things written years afterwards may not always be so well recalled - some have brilliant recall and others not. We are all different in this as in so many other matters.

As an off shoot of this - have we an authoritative list of books on SW?

If somebody prompts me I could type out a list all mine. If you want me to - PM, e mail or get me on Facebook.

Back