I noticed this

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In the episode "The Man from Oswestry" the bus pulls up and it clearly has #11 on the side a few seconds later it is #14

Bus1.jpg

Bus2.jpg

As it was at a bus station, sometimes a bus does change route number while there. Well sometimes, although the absence of the three discs holder rather spoils that idea!

Probably, they had to round up the bus, actually pull it out of service or whatever so they could film a bus pulling up, actors boarding, and then departing. So route numbers or what ever probably were not important.

And also Terry, did you notice the car that backs up a bit when Foggy is off the bus? Almost as if the driver thought, uh oh, I'm not supposed to be here. And how about the walls inside the station.

As it was at a bus station, sometimes a bus does change route number while there. Well sometimes, although the absence of the three discs holder rather spoils that idea!

I agree barmpot they often change the route number,but the bus staff were bus collecting Foggy's luggage at the time,I think the missing disc holders maybe because they are now hidden due to camera angles

Silly question, what is the disc holder? First thing to mind was hub Cap, over the tire lugs. American asking .;)

In the first picture if you look at the front window of the bus lower right, you can see three round disc's,these are to hold things like the tax disc,the bus company licence and anything else they need to show is up to date for public transport,all UK vehicles had these,cars normally 1 to show the car was taxed,last year they decided we did not have to do this any more,on commercial vehicles they may still have to display other types of documents in the window

In the first picture if you look at the front window of the bus lower right, you can see three round disc's,these are to hold things like the tax disc,the bus company licence and anything else they need to show is up to date for public transport,all UK vehicles had these,cars normally 1 to show the car was taxed,last year they decided we did not have to do this any more,on commercial vehicles they may still have to display other types of documents in the window

Yes all buses had three holders, tax disc, PSV disc and one other: at some time this went down to just two on display.

But many of us still have our tax discs in our cars although we do not need them. It will seem strange come next September when I have a space on the windscreen!

Yes all buses had three holders, tax disc, PSV disc and one other: at some time this went down to just two on display.

But many of us still have our tax discs in our cars although we do not need them. It will seem strange come next September when I have a space on the windscreen!

Every two years when I scrape the old self-adhesive registration sticker off my windshield to prepare the space for the new one, I wish that New York State provided/allowed a holder similar to the UK discs. Especially when I slip and damage the adhesion on the State inspection sticker that lives right next to the registration. It's a messy, time-consuming chore.

Marianna

Here in North Carolina we no longer have any inspection sticker.
Used to be on the drivers side of the windshield, but no more.

We do still have a small registration sticker we apply to the upper corner
of the license plate each year (I think) after paying the yearly rate.

My 72 MG Midget is old enough that it does not even get an
inspection never mind a sticker. Imagine that! Our newish Hondas
get inspected while our archaic British roadster does not.

Wonder who's looking out for whom??

Here in North Carolina we no longer have any inspection sticker.
Used to be on the drivers side of the windshield, but no more.

We do still have a small registration sticker we apply to the upper corner
of the license plate each year (I think) after paying the yearly rate.

My 72 MG Midget is old enough that it does not even get an
inspection never mind a sticker. Imagine that! Our newish Hondas
get inspected while our archaic British roadster does not.

Wonder who's looking out for whom??

Chuck in the UK cars of a certain age,not sure could be older than 25 years,no longer need to pay road tax,but until last year they still had to display the disc which stated exempt

Wot scares me is that without that mandatory inspection, the
safety of my MG is solely up to me. If I miss something there
is no backup.

Every two years when I scrape the old self-adhesive registration sticker off my windshield to prepare the space for the new one, I wish that New York State provided/allowed a holder similar to the UK discs. Especially when I slip and damage the adhesion on the State inspection sticker that lives right next to the registration. It's a messy, time-consuming chore.

Marianna

Here in Virginia, the old state inspection sticker is removed and the new one applied by the gas station personnel (where the inspection was performed). You can probably ask any auto parts store if they carry a product or device to make this task easier.

Here in Virginia, the old state inspection sticker is removed and the new one applied by the gas station personnel (where the inspection was performed). You can probably ask any auto parts store if they carry a product or device to make this task easier.

The mechanic who performs the annual inspection changes that sticker, but changing the registration sticker every two years, at a different time of year than the inspection, is up the owner. I've never seen a 'gadget' other than a single-edged razor blade and water or glass cleaner to provide a buffer between the blade and the glass. It's the location that makes the job awkward — the stickers are tucked way down at the bottom of the windshield, with access partly blocked by the curve of the dashboard. They have to be that far down to avoid obstructing the driver's line of sight.

Marianna

In Ireland we have to display three discs. Road tax, insurance and N.C.T. which is the equivalent of an M.O.T. in Britain.

Back