I'm new to the forum, and likely would be cosidered a fossil, as I will turn 71 early next month. I reside in Kentucky, very close to Fort Campbell.

Greets and Welcome, William !

That's a great picture, thanks for posting. Also, Thank You as well for serving. Much respect to you. I grew up in Ohio, not too far from you in Kentucky. Pretty country there.

Cheers,
Rick

As Compo might say, "Thank thee, Rick... and me ferrets thank thee as well!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309-173224_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190309-173224_Google.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 4
There is such a distance and time difference between you in the US , William , and ourselves in the UK , we are allegedly 24 Hours from Tulsa ................ well Gene Pitney said we were :08:

I guess Gene Pitney must have been right. Actually (and out of curiosity and laughs), I checked Google Maps and found that I'm about 9 hours from Tulsa by highway and roughly 3+ hours by air. It's now 0033 on Sunday morning and I am about to go to bed for the night. It appears to be about 0633 in Holmfirth. Good night/day all...

Instead of abandoning his lady in Tulsa, Gene should have taken a leaf out of the Proclaimers book and :-

He should walk 500 miles
And he should walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To fall down at her door

Might have took him more than 24 hours to get there but hey it would have been worth it surely :08:

Back