Its July 7th and the christmas specials are on Gold.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Has the title Say's middle of the summer monsoon season and they put the Christmas specials on, I'm not complaining though ;D

we should never complain about summer wine being on, espec as when they modernised gold i thought it wud be the 1st program 2 go, just shows some people in decision making positions in tv like it

no theres no way any1 on here wud complain bout summer wine (well maybe a hacker), oh crums is on, now thts a gud 1, probly in the top 3 of specials in my eyes

We're at the seen where their just drinking the castor oil, very very funny :D

It's great, isn't it? I love Christmas anyway, so getting a bit of Peter Sallis being festive in mid-summer is a brilliant bonus.

i've gotta admit, im with cleggy, im a CRUM, im not a big xmas fan, sooner its over the better in my mind, the only good thing of xmas now is the dr who xmas special, in the old days it use 2 b the summer wine xmas special but those days have gone now sadly

i've gotta admit, im with cleggy, im a CRUM, im not a big xmas fan, sooner its over the better in my mind, the only good thing of xmas now is the dr who xmas special, in the old days it use 2 b the summer wine xmas special but those days have gone now sadly

As I have said before, I am a fully paid up CRUM ....

As I have said before, I am a fully paid up CRUM ....

Me too, come December my kids start calling me Mother Scrooge :)

Just like me you are smart shoppers. My wife and I do Christmas shopping all year round. We go to sales and get good deals and then hide them away until Christmas. Everyone thinks you spent a lot because around Christmas all the prices go up. We never do any shopping period at Christmas time. But after Christmas day we go after the cards and wrappings.

My daughter bought all her xmas shopping last January, in the sales I usually buy napkins and wrapping paper and such. Even though I hate it I usually start shopping abput now I already have one for my youngest grandchild.

But xmas holds nothing for me, its good see the kids happy but other than that I hate it!
Its the money your expected to spend, its awful.

I know what you mean but the thought of Christmas is up to the individual. I don't let commercializm get in the way. This is why I do things early. Christmas is suppose to be a time to enjoy your family and not get frustrated and tensed running around the streets and mobs to do your shopping. The shops can close down if they want. It is a real laugh to see people running around spending fortunes on items that wewre cheaper a month before. LOL

I do love Christmas, always have. I don't ever go over the top spending, this is why I start so early and collect over the year. I am trying to get my family to do a 'Secret Santa' this year now that the grandchildren are grown up. I do love to shop for the stocking fillers though, I sometimes think I get more pleasure out of this than the recipient.

I love Christmas. My idea of a Christmas shopping trip is to visit a nice town, find a great place for morning coffee, mooch around the shops for a bit then find a good place for a long, lazy 2 bottles of wine lunch, (which ideally should last all afternoon) then go home. Amazon delivers just about everything. Why should we struggle with bags and crowds?
It's the cooking. I love the cooking. My family start getting excited about the whole thing around October. The kids in chapel start practicing their carols and plays and before you know it, the cards start arriving and the tree's up.

I love Christmas. My idea of a Christmas shopping trip is to visit a nice town, find a great place for morning coffee, mooch around the shops for a bit then find a good place for a long, lazy 2 bottles of wine lunch, (which ideally should last all afternoon) then go home. Amazon delivers just about everything. Why should we struggle with bags and crowds?
It's the cooking. I love the cooking. My family start getting excited about the whole thing around October. The kids in chapel start practicing their carols and plays and before you know it, the cards start arriving and the tree's up.

I'm the liking the sound of that and getting festive already!

Back