Life lessons from the Professor.....

Daisy..."it's not grounds for divorce being married to a Liverpool fan !!!!"
Onslow "ARE YOU SURE ??????!!!!!"....I AM 100% BEHIND HIM ONN THAT ONE !!!!!!.
X!

I think there is a bit of Onslow in every guy. I can totally empathize with the beer and bacon cravings.

In tonight's Britcom Tuesday broadcast on RIPBS, an episode of KUA was aired, I don't know the title, but it was the episode where Daddy was cycling au natural, heavily inebriated, along a canal, fell in and injured his whatchamacallit. After visiting him at the hospital, Hyacinth and Richard visited the digs in "Beirut". Onslow came in and announced that "the Queen Mother has just arrived", to which Rose (Shirley Stelfox) replied "Oh great, just what we need, a royal visit".

So we had scruffs in LOTSW and KUA but not in OAH. Roy Clarke fixed the oversight in SOAH when he tossed Gastric in the regular lineup.

I think there is a bit of Onslow in every guy. I can totally empathize with the beer and bacon cravings.

In tonight's Britcom Tuesday broadcast on RIPBS, an episode of KUA was aired, I don't know the title, but it was the episode where Daddy was cycling au natural, heavily inebriated, along a canal, fell in and injured his whatchamacallit. After visiting him at the hospital, Hyacinth and Richard visited the digs in "Beirut". Onslow came in and announced that "the Queen Mother has just arrived", to which Rose (Shirley Stelfox) replied "Oh great, just what we need, a royal visit".

So we had scruffs in LOTSW and KUA but not in OAH. Roy Clarke fixed the oversight in SOAH when he tossed Gastric in the regular lineup.
That was series 1 episode 1!

I think that's the very first episode Daddys Accident so you may be lucky if they're broadcasting the entire series in order!

I think that's the very first episode Daddys Accident so you may be lucky if they're broadcasting the entire series in order!
For those of us fortunate to get Rhode Island PBS (WSBE), Britcom Tuesday begins at 7PM and starts with LOTSW, AYBS, Upstart Crow, Waiting for God, As Time Goes By, KUA and Doc Martin, episodes shown sequentially. At least, that is the current lineup. They have had others in the past. The only one I miss is Now That You've Gone. I liked it, but I guess it wasn't a hit. Like all Public Broadcasting Services, it is responsive to its' contributors, so I imagine the one with the deepest pocket picks the line up. Sadly, the LOTSW episodes are limited to the High Def. stuff, so it is mostly the Frank Thornton era.

Now I can get back to reading Condensed Particle Physics. Must keep up with Onslow :)

For those of us fortunate to get Rhode Island PBS (WSBE), Britcom Tuesday begins at 7PM and starts with LOTSW, AYBS, Upstart Crow, Waiting for God, As Time Goes By, KUA and Doc Martin, episodes shown sequentially. At least, that is the current lineup. They have had others in the past. The only one I miss is Now That You've Gone. I liked it, but I guess it wasn't a hit. Like all Public Broadcasting Services, it is responsive to its' contributors, so I imagine the one with the deepest pocket picks the line up. Sadly, the LOTSW episodes are limited to the High Def. stuff, so it is mostly the Frank Thornton era.

Now I can get back to reading Condensed Particle Physics. Must keep up with Onslow :)
That is a cracking line up Semour! I've never seen upstart Crow or ATGB but I can imagine they're both really good.

I recall when I was staying in Hawaii many many years ago before online streaming was a thing my joy at finding an episode of KUA on PBS as I was really missing my Britcoms :D :D :D

That is a cracking line up Semour! I've never seen upstart Crow or ATGB but I can imagine they're both really good.

I recall when I was staying in Hawaii many many years ago before online streaming was a thing my joy at finding an episode of KUA on PBS as I was really missing my Britcoms :D :D :D
ATGB is a Mike Larby production, I believe, starring Dame Judy Dench and Geoffrey Palmer. I guess it would be classified as "gentle comedy". RIPBS would air it at 11:00 PM weeknights. You would turn the TV on, set the shut off timer, and let the lullaby begin.

ATGB is a Mike Larby production, I believe, starring Dame Judy Dench and Geoffrey Palmer. I guess it would be classified as "gentle comedy". RIPBS would air it at 11:00 PM weeknights. You would turn the TV on, set the shut off timer, and let the lullaby begin.
I do love gentle comedies and have a post on here somewhere on that very subject. I will get round to watching ATGB sometime, sadly these sort of 'middle class' comedies have been consigned to the past as every comedy these days has to be 'edgy' or subversive to get commissioned
:rolleyes:

Back