Man's Work.

Had my house renovated by a builder couple of years ago and had a dishwasher installed , it is still unused paperwork and wrapping all inside find it easier to wash traditionally , sacked as a drier though dropped more than I dry. The brush and shovel are on a Zero Hour contract but they never seem to have a day off. :rolleyes:

I do the rubbish removal, recycling and laundry. My wife does ALL of the house cleaning and garden maintenance (I used to try to try to lend a hand but I now know my place) and my son does all of the exotic cooking.

.... but I think there's still a natural resistance to men dusting the telly and such so I'm wondering what is seen as his work and her work.

I....

Do TVs get dusty? I have not noticed any on mine!

Mind you in parts of the house I reckon there should be no flies this year if the number of cobwebs are to be believed .....

Women traditionally still do most of the housework. Even working women (despite all of the labor saving devices) and women who have a house cleaner come in -- still do housework. But men usually have one dish or meal that they make. My father made bean soup in the pressure cooker and he was a whiz at peeling potatoes. My uncle, the French professor always threw on an apron (pinny) and washed or dried the dishes. AND NO MATTER how many so-called experts try to remake men into housekeepers, it isn't going to happen. Housework has always been and always will be the province of the woman.

Am not sure of the date -line Adenor but cholesterol was spoken of as a killer donkey's years ago. You were in danger from cholesterol if you had more than two eggs per week and could quite easily die from eating too much fat when I was a mere stripling 60 years ago. :confused::08:

and7bartonActive Member

New

I cook a mid day meal from scratch almost daily and try to vary it as much as possible.:42::thumbsup:
Two eggs a week ? - HEAVENS ! - I eat around 2 per day without fail and have done since time immemorial. I did a quick mental calculation and it comes out at around 30,000 eggs in my lifetime. I'm nearly hitting 70 so I can't be doing too much wrong. I recall we were told "Eggs are BAD"...... then we were told "Eggs are healthy" - Then they were bad again...... then good for you...... on and on it goes.

Do TVs get dusty? I have not noticed any on mine!

Mind you in parts of the house I reckon there should be no flies this year if the number of cobwebs are to be believed .....

Talking about dust,a couple of years back we had all the carpets in the house replaced with carpets made from plastic, they don't look or feel any different to traditional carpets, but the levels of dust dropped by 95%, plus the carpets are easier to keep clean

Two eggs a week ? - HEAVENS ! - I eat around 2 per day without fail and have done since time immemorial. I did a quick mental calculation and it comes out at around 30,000 eggs in my lifetime. I'm nearly hitting 70 so I can't be doing too much wrong. I recall we were told "Eggs are BAD"...... then we were told "Eggs are healthy" - Then they were bad again...... then good for you...... on and on it goes.

The so-called research that formed the basis for that restriction was actually highly selective population studies which equated correlation with causation — really just pseudo-science — typical of a researcher in love with his hypothesis. See the book The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz for an exposé. Recently, there have been several clinical trials at centers such as the Cleveland Clinic, I believe some were double-blinded, disproving the hypothesis that dietary fat of any type except man-made trans fats inevitably leads to heart disease, and beginning to point to the possibility that the actual culprit might be refined carbohydrates. Unfortunately, the original researcher had friends high up in government, so the pseudo-science became ingrained in health and agricultural policy, with farmers and food processors committed to huge investments in substituting refined carbohydrates for fat in a desperate attempt to make food palatable, making the misinformation very difficult to root out.

One of the Cleveland Clinic cardiologists said recently in an interview that if your loaf of bread is so dense that you could stand on it and it wouldn't squash, eating it won't harm you. By that criterion, my homemade full whole wheat, no sweetener, soda bread qualifies — and a couple of small wedges of it are as filling as a three-course dinner.

I cook most meals enjoy it and vacuuming( make the cats wake up )hate washing up but quite enjoy going shopping.

Back